What do you think about inner and outer beauty? I want to talk about this topic. Nowadays, there are many people who think outer beauty is more important than inner beauty. Especially, in Korea, people tend to judge someone by their physical features. In addition, a lot of people have prejudice that the person who have great physical features is better than bad physical features.
I think that both inner and outer beauty are very important. But inner beauty is more important than outer beauty. It’s dangerous to judge a person only by their appearance. Because that’s not to say everything. For example, there is a person who is not pretty or handsome, but has a nice and attractive personality. On the other hand, a person who has very nice appearance can have a bad personality.
Because first impressions lasts for a long time, saying that appearance is important may be true. And for this reason, more and more people have chosen cosmetic surgery. But if someone who are not pretty or handsome has inner beauty, most of people say “what a nice person!” That is, appearance is only a small part of the whole. So people must remember that it is very important to be beautiful on the inside as well as enhance our appearance.
I agree with you. And I'm impressive this part. "That is, appearance is only a small part of the whole." Yes, appearance is really small part. And that is not forever. If you old, it will disappear. And I also more like people with kind and manners than handsome and pretty people.
I agree with your opinion. Nowdays, South Korean culture already places too much importance on physical appearance above inner beauty. Also, plastic surgery growing among Korea female younger teens. I know that first impressions have a lasting effect. But, Inner beauty is more important than the outward appearance. Even those who do not have special attractions in their looks win over other people's minds with their inner beauty. So, We make inner beauty, self confidence!
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755 I think that both inner and outer beauty are very important too. Today our society lays emphasis on just like the outer beauty. But I think that we have to keep the outer beauty as well as inner beauty. I think the outer beauty is a moment. I think the inner beauty is a essence of the beauty. Therefore, we try to improve the inner beauty.
이지현(Lee ji hyun)201332001 I subscribe to your opinion. Inner beauty is more important than outward appearance. Even those who do not have special attractions in their looks win over other people's minds with their inner beauty. In fact, this inner beauty lasts much longer than momentary attractions. South Korean culture already places too much importance on physical appearance above inner beauty. Also This condition is more common in girls than it is in boys
윤석환 201031360 Sometimes... outer beauty win all thing. If he is a real loser but he looks awesome, He is winner. outer beauty.. and. good feeling is from basic instinct. somepeople said. inner beauty is more important..? No. people even not give a chance who looks ugly. We all aboid. that's real
박진솔 201331502 It is natural that we attach our picture with resume, When we submit the resume. Lookism is rampant in our society. Korea has become a beauty-oriented society where people are judged more for their appearance than their characteristics. And although we say that people shouldn't be judged based on their appearance,everyone is.
right. inner beauty is very important and i saw your inner beauty. we had a team work in class and you were the presenter. There were many students and you were the only one speaking. when june ask how you guys chose presenter and you said you volunteered. I know it’s shy and needs courage to speak in front of many people. But you volunteered. You did your best and I could felt it. I think that is also kind of inner beauty.
Last year, I and my friend planned for the trip and we went to Europe. You must think it was so funny memories. It was true in some part but in our case, it wasn’t. We experienced some horrible memories. It started in Italy. A number of bedbug lived there because of the weather. We slept guest house in Rome and youth hostel in Firenze. The weather of Italy was very hot and humid and some of the beds are not so clean. We knew bedbugs and prepared insecticide but we forgot spraying it. At first, we didn’t know it was bedbug that we studied in Korea. One of my friends was bitten, first. We all were bitten by bedbug in Italy. Because we slept together, the spread of bedbug was so fast. Consequently when we arrived at Prague, we had to hide the bite marks. If we didn’t hide the mark, we will kick out in the accommodation. I hid the mark with my clothes and even my hands had to be hidden by clothes. Fortunately, we can buy the pills and ointment for bedbug. We ate the medicine and put on an ointment in the rest of travel. And when we arrived at last destination, Germany, bedbug didn’t bite us anymore and we returned to Korea just a few days later. So, when you go to Europe or anywhere if you enjoy your travel, you should check nation’s weather, choose clean accommodations and take insecticide. And have you ever experienced any difficulty in your travel?
I had fun reading your story about trip to Europe. I got jealous of your tiring but fun memories. I heard that Italy is a must-go-place in Europe. I was actually going to go to Europe this winter but that plan got canceled due to other situations. But I will take a look at your writing again when I get to go to Europe!
최희정 201334455 I hate insect, so it’s terrible to me to bitten by bedbug while travel. I heard it bedbug makes us itchy. If I bitten I will be so annoyed during the travel. I can pack medicine and ointment by you when I preparing the overseas trip. Thank you for useful advice!
Bedbug! I think it's a kind of "special" experience and you can't forget it. I have ever had the same experience. so I understand you.T^T. I hope your travel was nice except the bedbugs. I plan to go to Europe soon, and will visit Barcelona London, Paris just after one month! I don't think it has many bedbugs there in winter, but I decided to prepare a small insecticide after reading your writting.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755 Your article is very interesting. I have experienced difficult in my Vietnam trip. I tend to get easily affected by the heat. Vietnam is a very hot country. So i was suffered from the heat. I was sweating whenever I walk. But Vietnam's beautiful scenery forget me the heat. I want to once more traveling in Vietnam.
It's a interesting story for me. I have never heard about bed bug. So i looked it up on the internet just now. Bed bug is a kind of tick. After i learned, it makes me horrible. If i go to Europe, i would be careful. Your post is good information!
I know it's a painful experience to you. But It's the funniest travel review ever that I have seen. And it's very useful information. Most people say just tourist attractions, food, and other merits. But your writing give me practical tip. I will remember your advice surely when I go abroad someday. And I wish you will be able to have a good time in your next travel destination.
박동근 201132253 I think you and your friend have great experience. Your experience with bedbug will make you prepare certainly for your trip. I have lost many things on trip. So I try not to lost my materials on trip.
임지희 (blowen) 201334581 Your writing is very helpful! thank you! Because I am planning to go europe with my friends next year, so i already read several Post-travel Journal but there didn't mention about bugs. so i need to prepare a small insecticide after traveling to europe with friends! i got a lot of imformation thank you!
박진솔 201331502 I’ve heard that terrible bug in travel café in online. When I prepared for trip to Europe, I searched about accommodation in Paris and I saw horrible post about bedbug. A tourist stayed hostel in Paris. And they was bitten by bedbug. They told that their hostel and I reserved another hostel. Fortunately, there had no bedbug.
I like the pets, including snakes. However, experience of losing a beloved animal is very sad. Pets are shorter-lived than me. And I don't have the courage of raising them. So I started researching a long-lived animals.
The first long-lived animals is, of course, a Giant Turtle. Even if you start to raising from now, I will die before turtle die. Even giant turtle live long enough to pass onto their children.
The second is called Tuatara Lizard. The lizards also live more than 60 years. And with a maximum they can live 100 years. And they look cute. However, they eat earthworms, snails, small birds, frogs, etc. So i think feeding food is it most difficult part.
The third is a Parrot. I thought parrots has short-lived, but they have long-lived and it was very surprised. And medium sized parrots have longer life than a dog or cat. Usually small sized parrot has 10-20 years lifetime, medium sized parrot has 10-20 years, Large sized parrots has 50-80 years. Grey Parrots is Large sized parrots, and it lives even 99 years.
I know I'm silly that I can't raising pets because I'm scared about when they die. But I know that one day everything will leave my side, even me. So I just decided to raising a pet. Giving love to them and do not regret after they die. I think that is the best way. So if you can't raising pets like me, it's time for love.
I read your writing about animals that have long lives. I have a dog as well and since I've had him for a long time I've got to relate myself to your story. The animals who have long lives are very interesting. Someday, I want to have a giant turtle and be friends with it until I die.
This writng is helpful for me! I also like animals and I'd like to keep them but my mother always oppose, because sadness of animal's early death. However if I suggest raising these long lived animals, she might allow it. Even I love turtle,so it's perfect! Thank you for your interesting writing:)
I have a dog. dogs live 10~15year, and my dog is 11years old now. It's getting old, and getting lazy. my dog was very active, but now it just sleeps all days, and it can't jump up on a sofa or a bed now. I still remember it was a small baby puppy. so I'm sad when I think about it's getting old. if I want to get a new pet someday, I will choose a parrot or the lizard that you said.
About pets live longer who you were was good information for me. But I wish you have in mind that they are responsible before the end of raising a pet. When we were kids, my parents have even money earned. So, we raised various kinds of pets. I kept goldfish, turtle, chick, two young dogs as pets. But, they died. I loved them and raised a lot of time, attention. I think my pets as family members. When my beloved pet dies, I heart breaking. Therefore, I thinks that keeping pets teaches us responsibility.
Sejun Choi 201134535 I read your article interestingly. I also raised a pet in the past. I remember that I buried on the ground on my hand when the animal was dead. At that time, I was too young to know the feeling of farewell. As you said, nevertheless I know everything is gone someday, it is sad. But I think it’ll be happy to give a lot of love during a live. Now I don’t raise a pet but when the time comes, I want to raise the pet.
i want to have a pet dog. but my mom doesn't want to raise a pet dog for similiar reason like you. actually, i've never had a pet. so i don't know exactly what they feel when their pet dies. but i'm sure it's very sad. because maybe they treat their pet like family members. i love dog. dog is very smart and really cute. someday, i want to have a pet dog. absolutely, it'll be very scary when my dog dies. but, it's more important for me and dog to spend happy time.
I have never raised a pet. Actually, it's because I'm scared of animals. But I can understand your worry. It's not silly. It's always a sad thing that our beloved person or animal leave our side. And I agree your last sentence completely. Of course losing a pet is painful, but I think you can adore and care of the pet generously during the pet's life. I think if you raise a pet some day, you can be a good owner.
임지희(blowen) 201334581 I understand how you feel! when i was young, my older brother had a pet little turtle. so he spent a lot of time with his turtle, and treated pets as his family members. but 8 years later, the turtle died beacuase of diease. he had hard time, and he decided to never rasie any pet. I know everyone scared about when they are die, it is very painful. anyway, i hope you can find your own pets!
The pet is our friend. I raised a Boston terrier, he’s name was cookie. He was my best friend when I was young. One day, Cookie disappeared in house. I saw the door was open. I spent one month looking for Cookie. Finally, I couldn’t find him. I had been so miserable since Cookie disappeared. And I can’t raise new pet after that.
You want to get to know the Korea table manners , don’t you? Even if you don’t know Korea table manners , you may experience about these table manners from live in Korea. I will notify you a few tips on using good table manners.
First, When having a meal with the elderly, we should start our meal after elders eat. Because, It is customary manners in Korea. you can be seen impolite when eating before elders sit. Second, Keep quiet at the table and do not chew aloud. Third, When coughing or sneezing during a meal, cover the mouth with hand or napkin. Fourth, Try to keep pace with others by eating not too fast or too slow. Finally, When having a meal with the elderly, wait for them to put the spoon and chopsticks on the table at the end of the meal. So, we must need more attention when we take meals with adults. In Korea, the degree of etiquette keeping is to be considered as their personality.
Therefore, When we eat with Korea people, it is important to maintain good table manners. I think more and more people now don’t follow simple table manners. If everyone showed good table manners, mealtime would be happier!
I read your writing about Korea's table manner. I've got to understand and agree to your writing because manner is really important in Korea. Your writing reminded me of my past experience. When I was 7 years old, I went to my grandmother's house to eat with my family. I got scolded by my grandfather because I was making noise while I was eating. Through that experience, I've got to be careful with my table manner. I think it will be great to share our korean manner with other foreigners who visit Korea.
I agree with your writing. Wherever countries we go, it is important to know about table manner. But i think sometimes many people don't care these table manner in Korea. Because recently people eat alone or with friend. Of course i do that. But table manner is important, so i will always think about it.
이지현(Lee jihyun)201332001 I subscribe to your opinion. Korean make much importance of table manner. This result was because to be strongly influenced by Confucian culture. Confucianism was the ruling principle in the Joseon dynasty. And it is deep-rooted in our society. Confucian ideas were mainly about social order, harmony and the worship of family ancestors.
박동근 201132253 Your article is very valuable for me. We grow with learning manner from parents. So this article is impressing to me. And this article is also valuable for people who is from another culture. It can help these people to learn korean manner on table
Topic : What kind of aggressive driving behaviors bother you the most?
I think that interrupting in front of the car dangerously is the most bothering me. The term of Interrupting I commenting here is not meaning to change their driving lane slowly or gently with turning signal but bad behaviors like suddenly cut in front of the car without any turning signals and make frightening opponent drivers. This kind of bad driving habit could occurs car accident by himself or provides fundamental causes of car crash to other party drivers.
The driver who had traffic accident by caused others interrupting is responsible against full of the accident due to lack of keeping eyes forward and defensive driving. If we consider it in the other hand, the contributor responsibilities might be heavier than the parties to an accident. However, the contributors have no regal responsibilities under present traffic law because of no direct evidence. It is a limit of existing law. So I think that the government should modify the law of this case and accept wide spreading car black box as accident evidence to ask a certain portion of penalty of the accident. It used to be a safeguard against possible loss.
Cut in or no sign for changing a road. I'm a super great manners driver. Actually, I was a service man who drives colonel's car. It was really helpful exprience. I was a real begginer until I did my military service. It made me a careful driver. Anyway, in Korea there are so many problems that their way of driving. I don't know why people want to go fast everywhere, everytime. I think Koreans need to let their mind relax when they drive.
박동근 201132253 I agree your opinion. Agressive driving habit can make big accident. Especially agressive driving with alcholic can make bigger accident. So I want people not to drive agressively and with alcholic. Police should check more these kind of deiver
윤석환 201031360 I agree the problem about korean traffic law. Our nation's punishment are so weak that people who drive aggressive still exist. If they are caught in jail for 1 year more by each their acts, They will obey the rule and will drive safe. Mind of korea is still hell
I like stories. So I would like to talk about which stories I like.I love movies, TV dramas, and books because I love stories.During school vacation, I would go into my room and read dramas, watch movies and read books. The time I watched drama for the longest is when I watched two Japanese drama series and watched them for twenty hours. I want to introduce TV drama and book that I very like recently.
Recently, I enjoyed “The Miracle of Namiya General Store." It’s a normal fantasy that starts with three thieves breaking into an old general store. They exchange letters about their problems in a general store that connects past and future. The mysterious things of the story is so fun.I finished the book in one day.I hope you read it.
My second recommendation is the TV drama “Respond 1988.” This drama is a series. The first is1997. The second is 1994 and then the third is 1988. This drama shows 1988 lifestyle exactly. Also, this drama’s love story is very exciting. One funny thing is trying to guess who is the husband of the main girl character. So the young Koreans are very into it. I hope you see it too!
최희정 201334455 I like stories too. Especially I love to read a detective story. I know The Miracle of Namiya General Store's author is Higashino Keigo. Because he's my most favorite author and I read his almost every books. But I didn't read his new work The Miracle of Namiya General Store. I will read it by your favor as soon as possible.
정혜린 201234423 I like stories but i read a little. I want to read book that you recommend because i really like to read and watch the kind of mystery books, movies, drama. And i also watch drama called "Respond 1988". It's really fun. Watching it, i see how my mother and father lived in 1988 that i wasn't born. I think the drama connect us to parents' generation.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755 I also like to talk about drama or movies. But I'm not watching TV these days. Because these days so many homework, i don't have time to watch the TV. So I am going to see "Respond 1988" the end of the test. I want to watch "Respond 1988" because you gave to recommend this drama and the previous series so fun. I am already looking forward to seeing the drama.
이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001 I like Respond 1988 too. With each episode, the TV drama was getting more interesting. The TV drama was more interesting than any other I have seen recently. And “The Miracle of Namiya General Store” This movie looks pretty interesting! Next time I could see the drama. Thanks for the your recommendation.
I love to read a book and watch a movie. I read that book what you told and it was interesting. Also I was touched. “The Miracle of Namiya General Store."'s writter is Higashino Keigo. I felt awkward because he is famous for detective story. But it was great. And I want you to read this book. you may like it. "Dedication of suspect X". It's really interesting.
I like "Respond 1988" too. I like it because it has not only love story but also family story. And I want to propose to you a book, "Harry Potter." You might have already read it. If you didn't read yet, I really hope you read it. You may think it's so childish. But I think once you read it, you can't put it down. Of course the movies are interesting, but I recommend to read books.
박동근 201132253 I don't like to read books but I like to watch movie or drama. I like to watch animation named 'ONE PIECE'. This is a story with pirates. This animation have been serized about 16 years. So oneday, I watch this animation for 15hours because it is veey fun.
임지희 (blowen) 201334581 I like to read regular books and watch movie. I know, it will be feel like boring, reading a regular booki, it can imagine each scene of all story. so when i was young, i read twlight several times and also i watched all series of movie.
Haha you are just like me. When I watch dramas I can’t stop. especially in case it has many episodes I watch them all day. I have never watched ‘The Miracle of Namiya General Store’ but I really love ‘Respond 1988’. we may have same taste. I hope that first one is good as well. Thank you for your recommendation.
Recently some restaurants and coffee shops are restricting preschoolers ‘entry and it became the social issue. If they receive the children who don’t have public manners, that can bring many problems. This is the store’s argument. If parents care their children, it doesn't really matter. But nowadays, many parents leave their children and just talking with their party. So the children run around the store, make noise, and mess up the things. It can cause many accidents and obstruction of business.
Actually when I worked in coffee shop where many families visited, there were many problems every day. Parents don’t care their children at all, and children scream aloud, play with store’s things and even ride kick-board through the customers. Other customers were bothered by them and complained to us, so it was a big problem. On the other hand, I could understand the parents because it can be the only time to escape from childcare. But there was not a kid’s cafe, so I couldn’t understand them completely.
There are a lot of parents who take care of their child. Because of a few of irresponsible parents, off- limits to children can be a drastic choice. Some people say if stores make playroom for children, problems will be solved and adults should consider children. Of course adults understand them in a way and parent also consider other people in stores or public place. Both of consideration will be able to solve this problem.
I read your writing about public areas for the children. I've got to relate myself to your story because I worked at Paris Baguette before. If the parents don't take care of their children in public, their children yell, run, and make chaos. To prevent this situation in public, there should be a separated public area where children can play and have fun.
정혜린, 201234423 I agree with your writing. i also experienced and watched kids and their parents as you write. Whenever i saw them, it was so stressful only for us. The parents didn't seem to try to be quiet their kids. I think this behavior is irresponsible as parents. i also agree that the only time to escape from childcare but they also take care of their kids. And to solve this problem in public, parents learn manners in public about their child and the store's owner makes a separated area for kids and their clients.
Yes. That was a big news. Sharpening a diaper on a table in a restaurant. And they never throw away diapers themselves. But it's parents fault, not the kids. Children are still young. But parents are not. They have to control and teach their children. They have a responsibility. And they are upset about "No kids-zone". If they want to treat as a customer, they must deserve action.
I don't agree restaurents or cafes should make a "kids-zone". I think it has a problem with their parents. Perents should control the kids, and teach them not bothering people. I agree Park Sieon's opinion. Kids don't know anything. It's parent's responsibility, not the shop owner's responsibility. It has some cafes which have a kids-zone. Do you know it's much more noisy if it has kids-zone in the shop? All of moms go to the shop with kids. Shop's owner can choose to make the "kids-zone" or not. and it needs so much money for the space. Maybe some customers(moms) could love this shop, but for the owner, It's usually better to put more tables and chairs for better sales performance unless it's a huge cafe.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755 I agree with your writing. I think that cafe or restaurant make "No Kids Zone". Because I also experience that many parents don't care their children in cafe or public place. I think it is right citizenship to keep good manners in a public place. Parents need to teach their children to have a valid citizenship.
김유리 Kim Yu Ri 201334411 I agree too. Their mother didn’t seem to take it seriously, telling them to be quiet just once. The self-centered parents do not seem to make enough efforts to teach their children how to behave in public, and they get often offended when others ask them to keep their kids quiet. The problem of overprotection also stems from young parents lacking a chance to learn about traditional Korean manners and etiquette as they grew up in smaller, nuclear families. So, I think that No-kid zones should be called more like a no-irresponsible parents zone.
Sejun Choi 201134535 I read your interesting article. No kids zone is currently very interesting social issues. I personally oppose no kids zone. Cafe or restaurant is a public place that everyone can use. Young Children or children accompanied by parents should be available too. It is a very dangerous idea in the liberal state that setting a special sector such as No Kids zone and distinguishing the human type as the utilize a public place. This has the problem of discrimination. Of course, it is the problem that parents who do not control the child. But we should not try to solve this problem through the exclusion by setting No kids zone. We should develop the correct public morals and citizenship.
your writing is very interesting. on the news or some postings on the internet, there are many situations like that. it's really big problem. i think some parents have a responsibility for this issue. for my experience, most parents hushed their noisy children and felt sorry for everyone. in this case, people around this parents and children usually smiled and said we are fine. the most important thing is parent's behavior. i think this issue caused by some irrational parents. sometimes, innocent children are punished for a parent's action. parents should control and keep on eye on their children.
Your topic is very impressive. When i worked at bakery, many children made trouble and their parents didn't take any action. At that time, i told the parents politely, "Please make children be quiet a little." But the parents rather angry at me. They only considered themselves. So i agree with alternative that you suggest.
임지희 (blowen) 201334581 I agree with your writing absolutely. These days, number of restaurants and cafes which are adopting nokids zones is increasing. becauese children make dustomers uncomfortable for many reasons. however some people disagree with no kid zone because it's discrimination. so i think, the government need to solve this problem and also parents need to learn table manner and take care their children.
201132728 유희균 I'll tell you my thoughts on the no-kid zone. I am in favor of a no-kid zone. Because it is used ipeumyeonseo damages, such as damage to using money out. And children of parents who manage big mistake. Therefore, a case of a no-vote for the Kid Zone.
I think that making ‘no kids zone’ is wrong. I actually feel sad about it. Since when children are problems in public? It’s adults’ and parents’ fault. People in restaurants or cafe should understand they are children and young. And children's parents should teach them etiquette and control them. all kids have the right to enter any cafe or restaurant. I’m against no kids zone.
My topic is unification First, I will talk about the pros and cons of unification. So, let's look at the benefits of unification. The first advantage is to open the way to go to Europe by train. The second advantage is that it can become more prosperous country based on the technical of South and resources of North Korea. The third advantage is that the national defense expenditure used to keep the Military Demarcation Line can be further developed by investing elsewhere. The fourth advantage is that separated families can live with the reunion. On the contrary, first disadvantage is a lot of money and effort in the unification process. The second disadvantage is that the collision occurred in the unification process because the north and south's system is different. A third disadvantage is that it can face trouble to adjust because there is little difference between the north and south of the language and culture.
Reunification has many advantages, but right now I do not want reunification. Because the economic level to fall and we pay taxes much more than now. However, unification is our problem to be solved someday.
How do you think? Try to share your various opinions.
최희정 201334455 Your writing is so impressive to me. I agree with your thought. I also think we need to be unified, should unify someday. But now is not the time. I think we need more time for preparing the unification. Sudden unification can bring widespread poverty and maladjustment. So North and South Korea need constant communication for the unification. If we prepare it over a long period of time, unification must be advantageous to both countries.
Unification of North Korea and South Korea is a complex problem. I think it’s good for future if it is unified. If we can get more resources and use the road to China and Russia, Unified Korea must be rich someday. But now, they still think we are their enemy, and it’s same to us. I think North Korea should be more peaceful before talking about unification. If they want to make more weapons and nuclear bomb, they couldn’t be familiar even if we supply them much food or unity with them.
I agree your thought that we need to be unified. Unification is the only way to help them find their long-lost family members. Also, we don’t have to worry about another war between North and South Korea. Unification would also entail the expansion of national territory and net population. It is true that the positive effects of unification would outweigh any cost.
이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001 I subscribe to your opinion, the government said North Korea has abundant resources and not develops regions. But I think that the uncertain information. If there are many resources, but, unifying Korea would be enormously expensive. In Germany, over the last 20 years, around 1.4 trillion euros has been spent on rebuilding East Germany, and individuals and businesses spent almost 20 years paying taxes to foot the bill.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju I don't agree with you. Once reunification is not feasible. North Korea and South Korea are already too different ideologically. And if we reunificate, our economy will be halved. and It is terrible to think our children and we spent that hard time. I just want economic cooperation between North Korea and South Korea
---WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS BUSINESS MODEL?----
My major is Business. so I sometimes think about some new business models. A few days ago, I had an idea, so I told it to my friends. some of them said it's good, but the others said no one will use this service. so I want to hear your opinion. The model is Free umbrellas renting service. In my home, it has 8 umbrellas on a shelf. I think it's not so different from your home. we already have so many umbrellas, but we buy it again and again. Buying new umbrella is not really for better fashion, or a new function. We buy the new one, because we didn't take it, although the forecaster told you It would rain today. what do you do if it is suddenly, rainy, but you don’t have an umbrella? Maybe, many people buy a cheap umbrella and pay about 3,000~6,000won. If you can borrow a high quality umbrella from convenience store for free, will you borrow it?! You should pay 6,000won for deposit., and you can pay back the 6,000won when you give it back to any convenience store(same brand) near your home. Korean convenience store’s supply chain management system is awesome. It has no problem to distribute the umbrellas to appropriate stores without much cost. So you can give it to any same brand store for your convenience. Of course, the store can’t earn money through this service, but if it has bi~~g logo(ex- SEVEN ELEVEN) on the umbrella with their specific colour, I think people can see it easily, and the brand can obtain advertising effect.
정혜린, 201234423 I think your new business model is awesome. I and my friends are really want to apply this system in the convenience store. In my house, there are many umbrellas which bought in the convenience. Every time i give my money to buy umbrella, when i don't have umbrella and it's raining outside, i'm so angry. So i really hope the model apply in many convenience store.
I think if there is very big convenience store’s logo on an umbrella nobody will borrow it. Haha. The idea is great I guess. When it’s raining suddenly, I buy new one even though I know it’s waste. Convenience stores are everywhere so it is accessible. But the problem is cost. I feel it’s too expensive to borrow used umbrella.
I want to write about freedom of speech. Somebodies say that freedom of speech needs to be protected without limit. But I don't agree with this. In my opinion, freedom of speech is important but needs to be protected with limit. If a journalist can write an article about someone's privacy without limit for other people's right to know, he/she might make a victim of his/her article. Naturally, we have a right to know, but we also have a right to be protected our privacy. Likewise journalists have freedom of speech but they have to have limit. In the same manner, I think that journalists can't commit blasphemy. I can give you an example, Charlie Hebdo terror. Of course, I can't understand why the victims must be killed by terrorists and I agree that nothing is more valuable than life. But what I want to talk is a question whether journalists can blaspheme God. I don't have a religion. However I don't think God can become the focus of public censure. Even though the believers do unforgivable things, we can criticize just them, not God. I wonder what do you think about freedem of speech. Do you agree with my opinion? Or disagree? What's your opinion about freedom of speech?
정혜린, 201234423 I agree with your opinion. i think the freedom of speech is important. but i think there is limit anywhere. People's privacy, idea and belief should respect. But people want to know others, so freedom of speech is sometimes controversial. People think speech just reflect their thought but they don't have rigid belief.
Sejun Choi 201134535 I read your writing interestingly. I’m in favor of your opinion. Freedom does not mean something like having one’s own way. Freedom comes with responsibility and ethics. This is not the exception about speech. As you said, freedom of speech is important but it is also important ethics and responsibility of the media. Nowadays, many journalist put emphasis on freedom of speech, on the other hand, ethics and responsibility of the media is relatively ignored. Every human being has dignity and value as human beings, and the media cannot disturb these things and also follow public morality and social ethics.
I absolutely agree with you.If the media is controlled, our country has no hope.Free free expression by the media activities will further develop our community.If the pressure on the media, our country is not a democracy
Do you agree with communication monitoring by government for anti-terrorism?
As many people know, there was a terrible terror in Paris by Islamic terror organization. Many people died and got hurt. Therefore, many countries join together to resist terrorism. The representative example is Budapest Convention. The Convention is a treaty about mutual information cooperating for cybercrime and terrorism participating in various countries. Each country has to prepare information offer system and communication monitoring system by government. However, Korea cannot participate in this convention because Korea cannot prepare these systems.
Korea government guarantees confidentiality of private life and freedom and confidentiality of communications. It is very fair because Korea is liberal democracy but let’s think about the possibility of abused by terrorists. Even if a foreign terrorist organization commands and acting used by KakaoTalk, Korea government cannot investigating it. Furthermore even if the warrant charged, Korea doesn’t have monitoring equipment so effective monitoring is impossible. There was also case of Last year, despite charged legal warrant, KakaoTalk resist warrant.
Nowadays, US, UK, Germany, Japan, etc many countries have the law of monitoring equipment system and they were closely allied to fight with terror organization. I’m so sad that Korea cannot participate in the global flow. And also terror is horrible scary incident hundreds of, thousands of people damaged at a time. I think we must have to prevention and exposure system. What do you think about this?
I don't agree with communication monitoring by government for anti-terrorism. Because that is Invasion of privacy. However, the risk of terrorism is scary. So we have to find out other way. There is many messenger, so if terrorists use other messenger, it will be deadwood. We don't have drug alot, because check smuggling is good. So like a check smuggling, check explosives or weapons. I think that is better way.
Nowadays most of us are addicted to Kakao Talk, the most used chatting application in Korea. It has become a big part of our new culture. Currently, the number of Kakao Talk users is over 37 million. One of the reasons why Koreans love using Kakao Talk is, it can simply send and receive text messages, photos, videos, voice notes, and others for free. Users say the popularity of Kakao Talk is attributed to its high level of convenience over Social Networking Service, as known as SNS, which lacks the privacy of the users.
Just by getting on the subway, you will notice almost everyone around us use Kakao Talk to send messages, play games, post pictures and talk in group chats. For the better use of the application, people must follow some etiquette. Kakao Talk has a reading mark in chat room. You can notice weather if the person who received the message read the text or not by the mark. If you do not respond right after reading the massage, the person who sends the message might get offended. This is the most important etiquette in Kakao Talk.
Not only by ignoring the message, but also inviting to games through Kakao Talk would annoy people as well. Kakao Talk can share games with friends. If you reach a new record, you can send it out to friends. You can also earn game gift or life by sending invitations. Because of this, people send game invitation messages frequently. It’s very annoying and uncomfortable for the receivers, especially who are not that close with the senders.
Finally, Keeping your phone in silent in public is the most well known etiquettes in our modern society. Although you unconsciously do things, such as ignoring messages, sending out invitations and keeping your phone loud, That might make others feel uncomfortable. These small portions of daily actions might affect your reputation. Therefore, let’s be more cautious of our actions and keep the manners.
Nowadays most of us are addicted to Kakao Talk, the most used chatting application in Korea. It has become a big part of our new culture. Currently, the number of Kakao Talk users is over 37 million. One of the reasons why Koreans love using Kakao Talk is, it can simply send and receive text messages, photos, videos, voice notes, and others for free. Users say the popularity of Kakao Talk is attributed to its high level of convenience over Social Networking Service, as known as SNS, which lacks the privacy of the users.
Just by getting on the subway, you will notice almost everyone around us use Kakao Talk to send messages, play games, post pictures and talk in group chats. For the better use of the application, people must follow some etiquette. Kakao Talk has a reading mark in chat room. You can notice weather if the person who received the message read the text or not by the mark. If you do not respond right after reading the massage, the person who sends the message might get offended. This is the most important etiquette in Kakao Talk.
Not only by ignoring the message, but also inviting to games through Kakao Talk would annoy people as well. Kakao Talk can share games with friends. If you reach a new record, you can send it out to friends. You can also earn game gift or life by sending invitations. Because of this, people send game invitation messages frequently. It’s very annoying and uncomfortable for the receivers, especially who are not that close with the senders.
Finally, Keeping your phone in silent in public is the most well known etiquettes in our modern society. Although you unconsciously do things, such as ignoring messages, sending out invitations and keeping your phone loud, That might make others feel uncomfortable. These small portions of daily actions might affect your reputation. Therefore, let’s be more cautious of our actions and keep the manners.
i always use smartphone all day long. there are many role. and, of that, i think the most important function is kakao talk. we send and receive text messages with friends, girlfriend or boyfriend and family. if i can't use the kakao talk, i'm so frustrated keeping in touch with someone. and i sympathize with your opinion. if my friend read the text message from me and don't respond, i'm upset. because my friend dosen't want to try to contact with me. it is pretty basic etiquette. although i have a close relationship with my friend, i want to reply. after reading this post, i woulld keep these text message etiquettes
I absolutely agree with you. I also one of them who is addicted on smart phone. But I keep my time to read when I go to school. On that way I sometimes look around for seeing my enviornment. I can see almost people watch their smart phone. Actually not only that time. It is showed frequently. It's going to be very big problem soon. We don't have enough time to see people's face who we love, say love to our family and frined. So don't let smart phone control our life.
This writing is very interesting. I haven't really thought about these etiquettes. As you said, most of people in Korea use Kaka Talk. Once there was ever a problem as an invasion of privacy. And It is easy to see annoying people about Kakao Talk game invitation and ignoring messages. After reading your writing, i know that these action is the problem.
I agree with you. I get a lot of stress in everyday katok game invitation.When KakaoTalk game is often invited to delete or block a friend.I think this is a big problem
201132253 박동근 (Dongkun Park, David) Cultural – Cross – Continua I’m registering a Global Leadership lecture. On this class, I’m learning mainly ‘Leadership’ and ‘Culture’. In the course of ‘Culture’ I focused on Cultural – Cross – Continua. As one of the global understanding model, this is used to understand variety action and attitude of people who have grown in different culture. There are two examples. One is about ‘punctuality’. People who are from polychromic culture think time is important in business relationship. On the other hand, people who are from monochronic culture think time is not important in business relationship. So, if you are monochoronic person and do a business with polychromic person, you should be careful to stick business time. If you don’t, he will be unpleasant and you will fail to make a contraction. The other one is about ‘unsafety’. People who are from risk culture think unsafety is always natural on doing something. On the other hand People who are from restraint culture think unsafety is not always natural on doing something. So, risk people tend to do something adventually. And they challenge more and they like adventure. So they tend to be a global leader. On the other hand, restraint people tend to do something carefully. And they prepare more and they like safety. So they tend to be officials. There are many kinds of culture in the world. And there are many differences between them. In 21st century, Cultural – Cross – Continua is used effectively
I recently watched the Conan O'Brien show on youtube. guest was Steven yeun who is a korean-american actor. he introduced muk-bang to the public. muk-bang means eating broadcast. it is a kind of performance in which someone eats a lot of food or eats deliciously, while interacting with their audience. usually muk-bangs are broadcast on internet broadcast Afreeca tv. In korea, muk-bang is popular item. honestly, I haven't watched much. but sometimes I watch it with my friend. I think people get vicarious satisfaction from muk-bang. many people worry about eating food. because they don't want to getting fat and don't have enough money to eat many kinds of food. it also can communicate with many people. they can chat in real time. so, they share opinions and feel the same way. In a way, foreigners couldn't understand why people watch other people's eating. also, it could be weird that some people even give money to the bj(broadcasting jockey). That's one way to look at it, but it is a popular trend in korea these days. not only muk-bang, many chefs come out and cook on tv programs. this trend related to food seems to last for a while.
Eating habits begin at early age. many children and teenagers don't have to follow bad eating habits. anyway, I love korean food and korean food is healthy and nice. I hope many foreigners watch muk-bang and enjoy eating korean food.
It’s interesting!. I have never watched the Africa TV. But, since I was young, I like to cook, so I like some TV channels about cooking like Olive TV. Just few years ago, most of cooking tv programs were boring, and they just taught cooking without eating. But now, eating is an important part. It’s not boring, and I feel excited when they are eating some delicious foods. It’s a kind of new trendy Korean cultures, and I like it.
These days there is many muk-bang in Africa TV. I watched it last week for the first time. And I was surprised because I can't eat alot but they do. And they eat really delicious. When I watching it, I'm got hungry. I recommend Korean Englishman in youtube. He is introduced Korean food for foreigner. This is pretty interesting, I guess.
Sejun Choi 201134535 I have never seen "Muk-bang" but after I read your writing, I get curious about "Muk-bang". At first, I don't know what does it meaning about just watching someone’s eating. Because it would not eat myself. I think I'd rather buy food at that time of watching the broadcast. But as the word "I'm full just look your eating", that vicarious satisfaction is considerable. I'll watch the Conan O'Brien show on youtube after final exam.
I think it's good.I'm seeing is often the meokbang. It gives me satisfaction.Although not actually what I eat, by looking at the diet also can meokbang
I have seen 'Muk-bang' at afreeca tv last year. In my opinion, many people are usually do Muk-Bang. and Mukbang that can be found around us. my girl friend always eat alot like Muk-bang. I can't understand how can eat.
I believe that friend is an important partner in our lives. Sometimes, they encourage you when you are sad, you can feel comfortable, and also when you is in trouble, you can talk to friend. However, I think it is hard to keep good friendship for a long time. It can break easily with a little misunderstanding. Also, as you know, sometimes, friends always not be the best friends, they trying to faking you or concealing their mind. So I think the most important things that keeping a good friendship are faith, and being good listener. There are several reasons that why I think it is most important things.
First of all, I think faith is an integral part of the relationship. There will not be any lies when you make a good friends. Because lies can hurt people's feelings and can lead to some trouble and serious results.
Finally, You need to concentrated to your friend when they are talking. If your friend say about something important or trouble to share, you have to pay attention to your friend. It might be benefit for you when you are listening. But if you didn't concentrated to your friends, such as looking at sky or thinking about something else or looking at phone, your friend feel ignored. I know, to be good listener is very hard and it would try the patience of job. But sometimes it will be good for keeping your relationships.
Therefore, I think most important things that keeping a good relationships are faith, and being good listener. However, especially, the most important is faith. If you don’t have any faith to your friends, it might be break easily and can't keep anymore. So I like to say, if you want to keep good friendship, you need to trying to understand their feelings and talk all the time! I hope to keep a good friendship!
i think that the most important person in my life is my friend. when i'm with my friends, i'm very happy. also i can forget about my bad memories. i agree with you. the most important thing is faith. and although we're very busy, we contact each other often. these days, my friends and me had not seen each other. some go to school. some make money at the company. but i think that we see each other and spend time together. absolutely, friendship doesn't require these things. but i'm pretty sure that these things are very important to keep a good friendship. anyway, i hope you keep a good friendship, too.
I agree with you. Especially, it impress me that we should be a good listener. Your writing makes me look back over my time. I can't sure if I am a good friend to my friends. And if I have to say one thing, I think when we become more relaxed with each other in our friendship, we need to be careful to avoid a slip of the tongue. Our careless words can hurt our friends. And the relationship can be irreparably damaged.
I absolutely agree with you. Friends seem to be an indispensable presence in the world.Share with each other and when sad or happy, gives saving each other.I would like to meet more good friends
Relationship is too difficult to me. I think the most important thing in a relationship is honesty. Honesty is hard to get and easy to collapse. A relationship needs long time and we should try to good relationship. I agree with you and this post is very helpful to me.
Many people go to other countries to study. This is a very usual thing recently. Some students think that study abroad brings many benefits, while others have different opinions that it could be harmful especially for younger students. It is quite natural that people from different backgrounds may have divergent attitudes.
There are ideas of disadvantage. One is to live far away from home, Students will suffer from loneliness and homesickness. Overseas students often feel disoriented and depressed. Sometimes there is racism. It could hurt people in any way. The other is students have too much freedom. When I was studying abroad, it was easy to buy weed. Anyone could get it if they have money. Don’t get me wrong. I have never tried weed. Anyway, there is no one who controls students. To this issue, some other people hold a different attitude, arguing that students should go abroad to study. They get a chance to experience a totally different culture. The knowledge of social customs acquired in the other countries helps them to become more open-minded. In addition, when students finish their study, they have more job opportunities. I think the advantages are more obvious. It can broaden one’s vision. There are not only advantages but disadvantages and i think stuyding abroad may do good than harm. What do you think?
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju I agree a little with you. Like you, I think studying abroad have advantages and disadvantages. Loneliness and homesickness is important reason for anyone. There are many people not to endure the loneliness. Fortunately, I'm not. Now I'm third grade. I want to go abroad to study at least once.
Are you interested in art? These days, there are so many good exhibitions at many art museum. In Seoul art center, 'From Picasso to Francis Bacon' is held and in war memorial of Korea, there is Monet's exhibition. I think it's really good for you if you have an interest about art especially paints. Those make our life enrich. I want to talk something more about Monet.
Claude Monet was born in November 14th 1840, at France. He is one of impressionist and also he is one of them who made impressionism. Impressionism made a very big movement. Until impressionism, many of painter painted academic and classic style. Impressionist wanted to draw their impression about what they saw. It was a first step of modern art. It was really big storm and Monet was the one who is eye of storm. At first, he and many impressionist were excluded from major trend of art. But new era wanted new style, so they got popular soon.
My favorite paint of Monet's is Impression : The Sunrise. Actually I love to see sunrise and sunset. His picture makes me feel happy. I mean it. Beautiful sunrise, town in mist, reflected sunshine. Perfect sight. I also like waterlilies. Those are very big paint and in France art museum. But this month that picture is going to be exhibited at war memorial of Korea. I really don't want to this wonderful chance. After final exam, I'm sure I'm going to go that place.
유희균 201132728 Oh, Mr. John have excellent insight!I like a Picasso. It is not dare to express his abstract expression to my speaking ability. I liked the art midae but there was no attempt to attend the convenience of home help it. So often I attend the museum as a hobby.
I think smartphone is popular in thesedays, and the reason is its amazing functions. first, Smartphone makes people more closer than ever. Now many people move their cyber home to online page on Facebook, Kakaotalk, twitter. With this SNS tools, we can communicate each other almost in real time, so boundary line between nations get lose its meaning; the world become one village. Second, Smartphone makes its own vitual world. Application programs like Photosynth and Aurasma shows objects information via smartphone screen. they provide people additional information based on real map. All you have to do is launching these apps and look inside. You can find hidden information of that objects. The third, the smartphone gives people power to change the world. this is not just a cellular phone but a creating device. If you want know something, this device can provide anything you want; furthermore, you can change people's life style by making new app. The world is connected. this is possible work. Everything spread fast. In conclusion, I think smartphone is good tool for us. With this technology , we can do things that we can not do before, and it changes the world more better and better. Not other people's story It can be your story.
박진솔 201331502 We can do pretty much everything with smartphone. While smartphones are convenient, many people worry that Korea is becoming asmartphone-addicted country. smartphone might prevent them from doing so. Sometimes we need a face a person to talk. And sometimes we write latter to friend or family.
유희균 201132728 Yeah, I guess. However, there is a problem accordingly. It is a smartphone addiction. Smartphone addiction is a serious problem of youth. This vision is not formed correctly, having a lot of adverse effects, leading to a lack of exercise.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju I agree with you I memorized my childhood. To meet with my friends, In my house, I called to my friend's house. and we meet in appointed time and designated place. we sometimes staggered. Because of smartphone, we are easy to communicate and to me with our friends. It is convenient, but smartphone make our health worse like wrist and eyes.
이인찬 chan 201132738 I am about the culinary culture of the Republic of Korea, we would like to introduce a Republic of Korea by remembering what we come up some food Looking simyeon? Most kimchi, bulgogi, bibimbap, etc. You'll be many. I'll notify you introduce them bread. There are many different kinds of tteokeneun of the Republic of Korea. Kkultteok ignorance, bloody, chapssaltteok, baekseolgi, injeolmi, etc. There are many dish. When creating the kind of bread, grain bread goes, and how to create a varies depending on the type. In South Korea cakes weddings, funerals and holidays, baby's one hundred days, or stone, is the food you eat a lot of birthdays, etc.. Typical ways to create them bread and a steaming have also creates striking and also making the oil and fry jijyeoseo Life is prayer. I usually eat a lot of bread myeongjeolen two tteokipnida particularly important. Thanksgiving dish, especially the extremely important. Another New Year's Day to make a rice cake making garaetteok'll have. Looking to eat bread in the country this holiday tradition originated with the bread you can see that the very deep. Our ancestors, the rice cakes building, killed the cook how to make a finding as it will create. At first I had a simple, but you came to the modern variety of rice cake and garnish with the addition of more varied colors and is able to enjoy a delicious cake. In the future, but I usually eat bread only in holiday bapdaesin, snack cakes instead of bread and eat country want you to know a lot of culture. Or more. Thank yo
201132728 유희균 I go to school by subway. It doesn't take long to get there. It takes about an hour. I usually do my regular routine of going to class with some minor chatting between the trips to the classes. My first class starts at 9 A.M. everyday. My other classes are spread out throughout the day. It starts with an elective class then after about fifty minutes, It is time to go to the next class. This cycle continues till the required class since that is my last class. Between classes, I normally go to the library. Sometimes, I meet my friends for tea or lunch. At lunch time, I go to the cafeteria to eat. My last class differs from day to day, depending on my schedule. Lunch and basics such as English are included in my schedule of course. I usually head home at about 5 P.M. As you can see, my weekdays are busy.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju I don't agree with you. You always late to class like me. Because you drink soju and beer every night lately with me and Inchan. right? Next semester, don't drink well. and Let's exercise and let's study together. Maybe professor want to do that. Our graduation will be soon. Let's think our future.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju Theseday, there are many story about soil spoon and gold spoon. There are a difference. soil spoon means that born in a poor family and gold spoon meas that bore in a rich family. Theseday, employment is very hard and korea economy is very hard. Many people talk their family's economical capability and background. they criticize their circumstances and blame to their parent's background. I'm really sad this circumstances. Why we do our's best? Why we first blame our circumstance before do our's best? In this hard period, we always can fail. There are many people not to do their best effort. I'm sad this point. and I think that my parent's peroid is worse than our period. in that time, I think that eating is the most worrying problem. Currently, we can live to eat at least thanks to our parents. It is wrong that we blame to our parents. It is our problem, our lack of effort. Of course, wealth is envy for us. but wealth is not all for happiness. wealth is just one part in our life. we always thank for our parent's and do our best to do good parent
One can undertake all sorts of advised excursions with assorted limousine functions. Various offer great courses and many can take clients for just about any ride your bike over the investment banking area, or even for a vacation to new york. ??????? visit this site
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteKim seonghyun, 201331477, SP D2
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think about inner and outer beauty? I want to talk about this topic.
Nowadays, there are many people who think outer beauty is more important than inner beauty. Especially, in Korea, people tend to judge someone by their physical features. In addition, a lot of people have prejudice that the person who have great physical features is better than bad physical features.
I think that both inner and outer beauty are very important. But inner beauty is more important than outer beauty. It’s dangerous to judge a person only by their appearance. Because that’s not to say everything. For example, there is a person who is not pretty or handsome, but has a nice and attractive personality. On the other hand, a person who has very nice appearance can have a bad personality.
Because first impressions lasts for a long time, saying that appearance is important may be true. And for this reason, more and more people have chosen cosmetic surgery. But if someone who are not pretty or handsome has inner beauty, most of people say “what a nice person!” That is, appearance is only a small part of the whole. So people must remember that it is very important to be beautiful on the inside as well as enhance our appearance.
I agree with you. And I'm impressive this part. "That is, appearance is only a small part of the whole." Yes, appearance is really small part. And that is not forever. If you old, it will disappear. And I also more like people with kind and manners than handsome and pretty people.
Delete김유리 Kim Yu Ri 201334411
DeleteI agree with your opinion. Nowdays, South Korean culture already places too much importance on physical appearance above inner beauty. Also, plastic surgery growing among Korea female younger teens. I know that first impressions have a lasting effect. But, Inner beauty is more important than the outward appearance. Even those who do not have special attractions in their looks win over other people's minds with their inner beauty. So, We make inner beauty, self confidence!
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755
DeleteI think that both inner and outer beauty are very important too. Today our society lays emphasis on just like the outer beauty. But I think that we have to keep the outer beauty as well as inner beauty. I think the outer beauty is a moment. I think the inner beauty is a essence of the beauty. Therefore, we try to improve the inner beauty.
이지현(Lee ji hyun)201332001
DeleteI subscribe to your opinion. Inner beauty is more important than outward appearance. Even those who do not have special attractions in their looks win over other people's minds with their inner beauty. In fact, this inner beauty lasts much longer than momentary attractions. South Korean culture already places too much importance on physical appearance above inner beauty. Also This condition is more common in girls than it is in boys
윤석환 201031360
DeleteSometimes... outer beauty win all thing. If he is a real loser but he looks awesome, He is winner. outer beauty.. and. good feeling is from basic instinct. somepeople said. inner beauty is more important..? No. people even not give a chance who looks ugly. We all aboid. that's real
박진솔 201331502
DeleteIt is natural that we attach our picture with resume, When we submit the resume. Lookism is rampant in our society. Korea has become a beauty-oriented society where people are judged more for their appearance than their characteristics. And although we say that people shouldn't be judged based on their appearance,everyone is.
right. inner beauty is very important and i saw your inner beauty. we had a team work in class and you were the presenter. There were many students and you were the only one speaking. when june ask how you guys chose presenter and you said you volunteered. I know it’s shy and needs courage to speak in front of many people. But you volunteered. You did your best and I could felt it. I think that is also kind of inner beauty.
DeleteJeong heyrin, 201234423, SP D2
ReplyDeleteLast year, I and my friend planned for the trip and we went to Europe. You must think it was so funny memories. It was true in some part but in our case, it wasn’t. We experienced some horrible memories. It started in Italy. A number of bedbug lived there because of the weather. We slept guest house in Rome and youth hostel in Firenze. The weather of Italy was very hot and humid and some of the beds are not so clean. We knew bedbugs and prepared insecticide but we forgot spraying it. At first, we didn’t know it was bedbug that we studied in Korea. One of my friends was bitten, first. We all were bitten by bedbug in Italy. Because we slept together, the spread of bedbug was so fast. Consequently when we arrived at Prague, we had to hide the bite marks. If we didn’t hide the mark, we will kick out in the accommodation. I hid the mark with my clothes and even my hands had to be hidden by clothes. Fortunately, we can buy the pills and ointment for bedbug. We ate the medicine and put on an ointment in the rest of travel. And when we arrived at last destination, Germany, bedbug didn’t bite us anymore and we returned to Korea just a few days later.
So, when you go to Europe or anywhere if you enjoy your travel, you should check nation’s weather, choose clean accommodations and take insecticide.
And have you ever experienced any difficulty in your travel?
I had fun reading your story about trip to Europe. I got jealous of your tiring but fun memories. I heard that Italy is a must-go-place in Europe. I was actually going to go to Europe this winter but that plan got canceled due to other situations. But I will take a look at your writing again when I get to go to Europe!
Delete최희정 201334455
DeleteI hate insect, so it’s terrible to me to bitten by bedbug while travel. I heard it bedbug makes us itchy. If I bitten I will be so annoyed during the travel. I can pack medicine and ointment by you when I preparing the overseas trip. Thank you for useful advice!
SHIN MYEONGCHEOL(BRIAN) 신명철 201131356 / D2
DeleteBedbug! I think it's a kind of "special" experience and you can't forget it. I have ever had the same experience. so I understand you.T^T. I hope your travel was nice except the bedbugs.
I plan to go to Europe soon, and will visit Barcelona London, Paris just after one month! I don't think it has many bedbugs there in winter, but I decided to prepare a small insecticide after reading your writting.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755
DeleteYour article is very interesting. I have experienced difficult in my Vietnam trip. I tend to get easily affected by the heat. Vietnam is a very hot country. So i was suffered from the heat. I was sweating whenever I walk. But Vietnam's beautiful scenery forget me the heat. I want to once more traveling in Vietnam.
김성현(Kim SeongHyun) 201331477
DeleteIt's a interesting story for me. I have never heard about bed bug. So i looked it up on the internet just now. Bed bug is a kind of tick. After i learned, it makes me horrible. If i go to Europe, i would be careful. Your post is good information!
이원화, 201132044
DeleteI know it's a painful experience to you. But It's the funniest travel review ever that I have seen. And it's very useful information. Most people say just tourist attractions, food, and other merits. But your writing give me practical tip. I will remember your advice surely when I go abroad someday. And I wish you will be able to have a good time in your next travel destination.
박동근 201132253
DeleteI think you and your friend have great experience. Your experience with bedbug will make you prepare certainly for your trip. I have lost many things on trip. So I try not to lost my materials on trip.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete임지희 (blowen) 201334581
DeleteYour writing is very helpful! thank you!
Because I am planning to go europe with my friends next year, so i already read several Post-travel Journal but there didn't mention about bugs. so i need to prepare a small insecticide after traveling to europe with friends! i got a lot of imformation thank you!
박진솔 201331502
DeleteI’ve heard that terrible bug in travel café in online. When I prepared for trip to Europe, I searched about accommodation in Paris and I saw horrible post about bedbug. A tourist stayed hostel in Paris. And they was bitten by bedbug. They told that their hostel and I reserved another hostel. Fortunately, there had no bedbug.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePark Sieon(Helia), 201233386, SP D2
ReplyDeleteI like the pets, including snakes. However, experience of losing a beloved animal is very sad. Pets are shorter-lived than me. And I don't have the courage of raising them. So I started researching a long-lived animals.
The first long-lived animals is, of course, a Giant Turtle. Even if you start to raising from now, I will die before turtle die. Even giant turtle live long enough to pass onto their children.
The second is called Tuatara Lizard. The lizards also live more than 60 years. And with a maximum they can live 100 years. And they look cute. However, they eat earthworms, snails, small birds, frogs, etc. So i think feeding food is it most difficult part.
The third is a Parrot. I thought parrots has short-lived, but they have long-lived and it was very surprised. And medium sized parrots have longer life than a dog or cat. Usually small sized parrot has 10-20 years lifetime, medium sized parrot has 10-20 years, Large sized parrots has 50-80 years. Grey Parrots is Large sized parrots, and it lives even 99 years.
I know I'm silly that I can't raising pets because I'm scared about when they die. But I know that one day everything will leave my side, even me. So I just decided to raising a pet. Giving love to them and do not regret after they die. I think that is the best way. So if you can't raising pets like me, it's time for love.
I read your writing about animals that have long lives. I have a dog as well and since I've had him for a long time I've got to relate myself to your story. The animals who have long lives are very interesting. Someday, I want to have a giant turtle and be friends with it until I die.
Delete최희정 201334455
DeleteThis writng is helpful for me! I also like animals and I'd like to keep them but my mother always oppose, because sadness of animal's early death. However if I suggest raising these long lived animals, she might allow it. Even I love turtle,so it's perfect! Thank you for your interesting writing:)
신명철 201131356
DeleteI have a dog. dogs live 10~15year, and my dog is 11years old now. It's getting old, and getting lazy. my dog was very active, but now it just sleeps all days, and it can't jump up on a sofa or a bed now. I still remember it was a small baby puppy. so I'm sad when I think about it's getting old. if I want to get a new pet someday, I will choose a parrot or the lizard that you said.
김유리 Kim Yu Ri 201334411
DeleteAbout pets live longer who you were was good information for me. But I wish you have in mind that they are responsible before the end of raising a pet. When we were kids, my parents have even money earned. So, we raised various kinds of pets. I kept goldfish, turtle, chick, two young dogs as pets. But, they died. I loved them and raised a lot of time, attention. I think my pets as family members. When my beloved pet dies, I heart breaking. Therefore, I thinks that keeping pets teaches us responsibility.
Sejun Choi 201134535
DeleteI read your article interestingly. I also raised a pet in the past. I remember that I buried on the ground on my hand when the animal was dead. At that time, I was too young to know the feeling of farewell. As you said, nevertheless I know everything is gone someday, it is sad. But I think it’ll be happy to give a lot of love during a live. Now I don’t raise a pet but when the time comes, I want to raise the pet.
김기림(james 201132103)
Deletei want to have a pet dog. but my mom doesn't want to raise a pet dog for similiar reason like you. actually, i've never had a pet. so i don't know exactly what they feel when their pet dies. but i'm sure it's very sad. because maybe they treat their pet like family members.
i love dog. dog is very smart and really cute. someday, i want to have a pet dog. absolutely, it'll be very scary when my dog dies. but, it's more important for me and dog to spend happy time.
이원화, 201132044
DeleteI have never raised a pet. Actually, it's because I'm scared of animals. But I can understand your worry. It's not silly. It's always a sad thing that our beloved person or animal leave our side. And I agree your last sentence completely. Of course losing a pet is painful, but I think you can adore and care of the pet generously during the pet's life. I think if you raise a pet some day, you can be a good owner.
임지희(blowen) 201334581
DeleteI understand how you feel! when i was young, my older brother had a pet little turtle. so he spent a lot of time with his turtle, and treated pets as his family members. but 8 years later, the turtle died beacuase of diease. he had hard time, and he decided to never rasie any pet. I know everyone scared about when they are die, it is very painful. anyway, i hope you can find your own pets!
박진솔 2013310502
DeleteThe pet is our friend. I raised a Boston terrier, he’s name was cookie. He was my best friend when I was young. One day, Cookie disappeared in house. I saw the door was open. I spent one month looking for Cookie. Finally, I couldn’t find him. I had been so miserable since Cookie disappeared. And I can’t raise new pet after that.
Kim Yu Ri (201334411 김유리)
ReplyDeleteTopic : Table manner culture of Korea
You want to get to know the Korea table manners , don’t you? Even if you don’t know Korea table manners , you may experience about these table manners from live in Korea. I will notify you a few tips on using good table manners.
First, When having a meal with the elderly, we should start our meal after elders eat. Because, It is customary manners in Korea. you can be seen impolite when eating before elders sit. Second, Keep quiet at the table and do not chew aloud. Third, When coughing or sneezing during a meal, cover the mouth with hand or napkin. Fourth, Try to keep pace with others by eating not too fast or too slow. Finally, When having a meal with the elderly, wait for them to put the spoon and chopsticks on the table at the end of the meal. So, we must need more attention when we take meals with adults. In Korea, the degree of etiquette keeping is to be considered as their personality.
Therefore, When we eat with Korea people, it is important to maintain good table manners. I think more and more people now don’t follow simple table manners. If everyone showed good table manners, mealtime would be happier!
I read your writing about Korea's table manner. I've got to understand and agree to your writing because manner is really important in Korea. Your writing reminded me of my past experience. When I was 7 years old, I went to my grandmother's house to eat with my family. I got scolded by my grandfather because I was making noise while I was eating. Through that experience, I've got to be careful with my table manner. I think it will be great to share our korean manner with other foreigners who visit Korea.
Delete김성현(Kim Seonghyun) 201331477
DeleteI agree with your writing. Wherever countries we go, it is important to know about table manner. But i think sometimes many people don't care these table manner in Korea. Because recently people eat alone or with friend. Of course i do that. But table manner is important, so i will always think about it.
이지현(Lee jihyun)201332001
DeleteI subscribe to your opinion. Korean make much importance of table manner. This result was because to be strongly influenced by Confucian culture. Confucianism was the ruling principle in the Joseon dynasty. And it is deep-rooted in our society. Confucian ideas were mainly about social order, harmony and the worship of family ancestors.
박동근 201132253
DeleteYour article is very valuable for me. We grow with learning manner from parents. So this article is impressing to me. And this article is also valuable for people who is from another culture. It can help these people to learn korean manner on table
이지현(Lee ji hyun), 201332001 SP D2
ReplyDeleteTopic : What kind of aggressive driving behaviors bother you the most?
I think that interrupting in front of the car dangerously is the most bothering me.
The term of Interrupting I commenting here is not meaning to change their driving lane slowly or gently with turning signal but bad behaviors like suddenly cut in front of the car without any turning signals and make frightening opponent drivers. This kind of bad driving habit could occurs car accident by himself or provides fundamental causes of car crash to other party drivers.
The driver who had traffic accident by caused others interrupting is responsible against full of the accident due to lack of keeping eyes forward and defensive driving. If we consider it in the other hand, the contributor responsibilities might be heavier than the parties to an accident. However, the contributors have no regal responsibilities under present traffic law because of no direct evidence. It is a limit of existing law. So I think that the government should modify the law of this case and accept wide spreading car black box as accident evidence to ask a certain portion of penalty of the accident. It used to be a safeguard against possible loss.
김진규(John) 201134097
DeleteCut in or no sign for changing a road. I'm a super great manners driver. Actually, I was a service man who drives colonel's car. It was really helpful exprience. I was a real begginer until I did my military service. It made me a careful driver. Anyway, in Korea there are so many problems that their way of driving. I don't know why people want to go fast everywhere, everytime. I think Koreans need to let their mind relax when they drive.
박동근 201132253
DeleteI agree your opinion. Agressive driving habit can make big accident. Especially agressive driving with alcholic can make bigger accident. So I want people not to drive agressively and with alcholic. Police should check more these kind of deiver
윤석환 201031360
DeleteI agree the problem about korean traffic law. Our nation's punishment are so weak that people who drive aggressive still exist. If they are caught in jail for 1 year more by each their acts, They will obey the rule and will drive safe. Mind of korea is still hell
Yu ha yeong 201334436 sp d2
ReplyDeleteI like stories. So I would like to talk about which stories I like.I love movies, TV dramas, and books because I love stories.During school vacation, I would go into my room and read dramas, watch movies and read books. The time I watched drama for the longest is when I watched two Japanese drama series and watched them for twenty hours. I want to introduce TV drama and book that I very like recently.
Recently, I enjoyed “The Miracle of Namiya General Store." It’s a normal fantasy that starts with three thieves breaking into an old general store. They exchange letters about their problems in a general store that connects past and future. The mysterious things of the story is so fun.I finished the book in one day.I hope you read it.
My second recommendation is the TV drama “Respond 1988.” This drama is a series. The first is1997. The second is 1994 and then the third is 1988. This drama shows 1988 lifestyle exactly. Also, this drama’s love story is very exciting. One funny thing is trying to guess who is the husband of the main girl character. So the young Koreans are very into it. I hope you see it too!
최희정 201334455
DeleteI like stories too. Especially I love to read a detective story. I know The Miracle of Namiya General Store's author is Higashino Keigo. Because he's my most favorite author and I read his almost every books. But I didn't read his new work The Miracle of Namiya General Store. I will read it by your favor as soon as possible.
정혜린 201234423
DeleteI like stories but i read a little. I want to read book that you recommend because i really like to read and watch the kind of mystery books, movies, drama. And i also watch drama called "Respond 1988". It's really fun. Watching it, i see how my mother and father lived in 1988 that i wasn't born. I think the drama connect us to parents' generation.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755
DeleteI also like to talk about drama or movies. But I'm not watching TV these days. Because these days so many homework, i don't have time to watch the TV. So I am going to see "Respond 1988" the end of the test. I want to watch "Respond 1988" because you gave to recommend this drama and the previous series so fun. I am already looking forward to seeing the drama.
이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001
DeleteI like Respond 1988 too. With each episode, the TV drama was getting more interesting. The TV drama was more interesting than any other I have seen recently. And “The Miracle of Namiya General Store” This movie looks pretty interesting! Next time I could see the drama. Thanks for the your recommendation.
김진규(John) 201134097
DeleteI love to read a book and watch a movie. I read that book what you told and it was interesting. Also I was touched. “The Miracle of Namiya General Store."'s writter is Higashino Keigo. I felt awkward because he is famous for detective story. But it was great. And I want you to read this book. you may like it. "Dedication of suspect X". It's really interesting.
이원화, 201132044
DeleteI like "Respond 1988" too. I like it because it has not only love story but also family story. And I want to propose to you a book, "Harry Potter." You might have already read it. If you didn't read yet, I really hope you read it. You may think it's so childish. But I think once you read it, you can't put it down. Of course the movies are interesting, but I recommend to read books.
박동근 201132253
DeleteI don't like to read books but I like to watch movie or drama. I like to watch animation named 'ONE PIECE'. This is a story with pirates. This animation have been serized about 16 years. So oneday, I watch this animation for 15hours because it is veey fun.
임지희 (blowen) 201334581
DeleteI like to read regular books and watch movie. I know, it will be feel like boring, reading a regular booki, it can imagine each scene of all story. so when i was young, i read twlight several times and also i watched all series of movie.
Haha you are just like me. When I watch dramas I can’t stop. especially in case it has many episodes I watch them all day. I have never watched ‘The Miracle of Namiya General Store’ but I really love ‘Respond 1988’. we may have same taste. I hope that first one is good as well. Thank you for your recommendation.
Delete최희정(Choi Heejeong) 201334455 sp d2
ReplyDeleteNo Kids Zone
Recently some restaurants and coffee shops are restricting preschoolers ‘entry and it became the social issue. If they receive the children who don’t have public manners, that can bring many problems. This is the store’s argument. If parents care their children, it doesn't really matter. But nowadays, many parents leave their children and just talking with their party. So the children run around the store, make noise, and mess up the things. It can cause many accidents and obstruction of business.
Actually when I worked in coffee shop where many families visited, there were many problems every day. Parents don’t care their children at all, and children scream aloud, play with store’s things and even ride kick-board through the customers. Other customers were bothered by them and complained to us, so it was a big problem. On the other hand, I could understand the parents because it can be the only time to escape from childcare. But there was not a kid’s cafe, so I couldn’t understand them completely.
There are a lot of parents who take care of their child. Because of a few of irresponsible parents, off- limits to children can be a drastic choice. Some people say if stores make playroom for children, problems will be solved and adults should consider children. Of course adults understand them in a way and parent also consider other people in stores or public place. Both of consideration will be able to solve this problem.
I read your writing about public areas for the children. I've got to relate myself to your story because I worked at Paris Baguette before. If the parents don't take care of their children in public, their children yell, run, and make chaos. To prevent this situation in public, there should be a separated public area where children can play and have fun.
Delete정혜린, 201234423
DeleteI agree with your writing. i also experienced and watched kids and their parents as you write. Whenever i saw them, it was so stressful only for us. The parents didn't seem to try to be quiet their kids. I think this behavior is irresponsible as parents. i also agree that the only time to escape from childcare but they also take care of their kids. And to solve this problem in public, parents learn manners in public about their child and the store's owner makes a separated area for kids and their clients.
Yes. That was a big news. Sharpening a diaper on a table in a restaurant. And they never throw away diapers themselves. But it's parents fault, not the kids. Children are still young. But parents are not. They have to control and teach their children. They have a responsibility. And they are upset about "No kids-zone". If they want to treat as a customer, they must deserve action.
Delete신명철 201131356
DeleteI don't agree restaurents or cafes should make a "kids-zone". I think it has a problem with their parents. Perents should control the kids, and teach them not bothering people. I agree Park Sieon's opinion. Kids don't know anything. It's parent's responsibility, not the shop owner's responsibility. It has some cafes which have a kids-zone. Do you know it's much more noisy if it has kids-zone in the shop? All of moms go to the shop with kids. Shop's owner can choose to make the "kids-zone" or not. and it needs so much money for the space. Maybe some customers(moms) could love this shop, but for the owner, It's usually better to put more tables and chairs for better sales performance unless it's a huge cafe.
이지예(Lee, Ji Ye) 201334755
DeleteI agree with your writing. I think that cafe or restaurant make "No Kids Zone". Because I also experience that many parents don't care their children in cafe or public place. I think it is right citizenship to keep good manners in a public place. Parents need to teach their children to have a valid citizenship.
김유리 Kim Yu Ri 201334411
DeleteI agree too. Their mother didn’t seem to take it seriously, telling them to be quiet just once. The self-centered parents do not seem to make enough efforts to teach their children how to behave in public, and they get often offended when others ask them to keep their kids quiet. The problem of overprotection also stems from young parents lacking a chance to learn about traditional Korean manners and etiquette as they grew up in smaller, nuclear families. So, I think that No-kid zones should be called more like a no-irresponsible parents zone.
Sejun Choi 201134535
DeleteI read your interesting article. No kids zone is currently very interesting social issues. I personally oppose no kids zone. Cafe or restaurant is a public place that everyone can use. Young Children or children accompanied by parents should be available too. It is a very dangerous idea in the liberal state that setting a special sector such as No Kids zone and distinguishing the human type as the utilize a public place. This has the problem of discrimination. Of course, it is the problem that parents who do not control the child. But we should not try to solve this problem through the exclusion by setting No kids zone. We should develop the correct public morals and citizenship.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete김기림(james 201132103)
Deleteyour writing is very interesting. on the news or some postings on the internet, there are many situations like that. it's really big problem. i think some parents have a responsibility for this issue.
for my experience, most parents hushed their noisy children and felt sorry for everyone. in this case, people around this parents and children usually smiled and said we are fine.
the most important thing is parent's behavior. i think this issue caused by some irrational parents. sometimes, innocent children are punished for a parent's action. parents should control and keep on eye on their children.
김성현(Kim Seonghyun) 201331477
DeleteYour topic is very impressive. When i worked at bakery, many children made trouble and their parents didn't take any action. At that time, i told the parents politely, "Please make children be quiet a little." But the parents rather angry at me. They only considered themselves. So i agree with alternative that you suggest.
임지희 (blowen) 201334581
DeleteI agree with your writing absolutely. These days, number of restaurants and cafes which are adopting nokids zones is increasing. becauese children make dustomers uncomfortable for many reasons. however some people disagree with no kid zone because it's discrimination. so i think, the government need to solve this problem and also parents need to learn table manner and take care their children.
201132728 유희균
DeleteI'll tell you my thoughts on the no-kid zone. I am in favor of a no-kid zone. Because it is used ipeumyeonseo damages, such as damage to using money out. And children of parents who manage big mistake. Therefore, a case of a no-vote for the Kid Zone.
I think that making ‘no kids zone’ is wrong. I actually feel sad about it. Since when children are problems in public? It’s adults’ and parents’ fault. People in restaurants or cafe should understand they are children and young. And children's parents should teach them etiquette and control them. all kids have the right to enter any cafe or restaurant. I’m against no kids zone.
DeleteLee, Ji Ye(Kate), 201334755, SP D2
ReplyDeleteMy topic is unification
First, I will talk about the pros and cons of unification. So, let's look at the benefits of unification.
The first advantage is to open the way to go to Europe by train.
The second advantage is that it can become more prosperous country based on the technical of South and resources of North Korea.
The third advantage is that the national defense expenditure used to keep the Military Demarcation Line can be further developed by investing elsewhere.
The fourth advantage is that separated families can live with the reunion.
On the contrary, first disadvantage is a lot of money and effort in the unification process.
The second disadvantage is that the collision occurred in the unification process because the north and south's system is different.
A third disadvantage is that it can face trouble to adjust because there is little difference between the north and south of the language and culture.
Reunification has many advantages, but right now I do not want reunification. Because the economic level to fall and we pay taxes much more than now. However, unification is our problem to be solved someday.
How do you think? Try to share your various opinions.
최희정 201334455
DeleteYour writing is so impressive to me. I agree with your thought. I also think we need to be unified, should unify someday. But now is not the time. I think we need more time for preparing the unification. Sudden unification can bring widespread poverty and maladjustment. So North and South Korea need constant communication for the unification. If we prepare it over a long period of time, unification must be advantageous to both countries.
신명철 201131356
DeleteUnification of North Korea and South Korea is a complex problem. I think it’s good for future if it is unified. If we can get more resources and use the road to China and Russia, Unified Korea must be rich someday. But now, they still think we are their enemy, and it’s same to us. I think North Korea should be more peaceful before talking about unification. If they want to make more weapons and nuclear bomb, they couldn’t be familiar even if we supply them much food or unity with them.
김유리 Kim Yu Ri 201334411
DeleteI agree your thought that we need to be unified. Unification is the only way to help them find their long-lost family members. Also, we don’t have to worry about another war between North and South Korea. Unification would also entail the expansion of national territory and net population. It is true that the positive effects of unification would outweigh any cost.
이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001
DeleteI subscribe to your opinion, the government said North Korea has abundant resources and not develops regions. But I think that the uncertain information. If there are many resources, but, unifying Korea would be enormously expensive. In Germany, over the last 20 years, around 1.4 trillion euros has been spent on rebuilding East Germany, and individuals and businesses spent almost 20 years paying taxes to foot the bill.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju
DeleteI don't agree with you. Once reunification is not feasible. North Korea and South Korea are already too different ideologically.
And if we reunificate, our economy will be halved. and It is terrible to think our children and we spent that hard time. I just want economic cooperation between North Korea and South Korea
Shin MyeongCheol - Brian (201131356 SPd2)
ReplyDelete---WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS BUSINESS MODEL?----
My major is Business. so I sometimes think about some new business models. A few days ago, I had an idea, so I told it to my friends. some of them said it's good, but the others said no one will use this service. so I want to hear your opinion.
The model is Free umbrellas renting service. In my home, it has 8 umbrellas on a shelf. I think it's not so different from your home. we already have so many umbrellas, but we buy it again and again.
Buying new umbrella is not really for better fashion, or a new function. We buy the new one, because we didn't take it, although the forecaster told you It would rain today.
what do you do if it is suddenly, rainy, but you don’t have an umbrella? Maybe, many people buy a cheap umbrella and pay about 3,000~6,000won.
If you can borrow a high quality umbrella from convenience store for free, will you borrow it?! You should pay 6,000won for deposit., and you can pay back the 6,000won when you give it back to any convenience store(same brand) near your home.
Korean convenience store’s supply chain management system is awesome. It has no problem to distribute the umbrellas to appropriate stores without much cost. So you can give it to any same brand store for your convenience.
Of course, the store can’t earn money through this service, but if it has bi~~g logo(ex- SEVEN ELEVEN) on the umbrella with their specific colour, I think people can see it easily, and the brand can obtain advertising effect.
SO. DO YOU THINK THE SERVICE IS GOOD? OR NOT?
정혜린, 201234423
DeleteI think your new business model is awesome. I and my friends are really want to apply this system in the convenience store. In my house, there are many umbrellas which bought in the convenience. Every time i give my money to buy umbrella, when i don't have umbrella and it's raining outside, i'm so angry. So i really hope the model apply in many convenience store.
I think if there is very big convenience store’s logo on an umbrella nobody will borrow it. Haha. The idea is great I guess. When it’s raining suddenly, I buy new one even though I know it’s waste. Convenience stores are everywhere so it is accessible. But the problem is cost. I feel it’s too expensive to borrow used umbrella.
Delete이원화 ( Lee Wonhwa), 201132044
ReplyDeleteI want to write about freedom of speech. Somebodies say that freedom of speech needs to be protected without limit. But I don't agree with this. In my opinion, freedom of speech is important but needs to be protected with limit. If a journalist can write an article about someone's privacy without limit for other people's right to know, he/she might make a victim of his/her article. Naturally, we have a right to know, but we also have a right to be protected our privacy. Likewise journalists have freedom of speech but they have to have limit.
In the same manner, I think that journalists can't commit blasphemy. I can give you an example, Charlie Hebdo terror. Of course, I can't understand why the victims must be killed by terrorists and I agree that nothing is more valuable than life. But what I want to talk is a question whether journalists can blaspheme God. I don't have a religion. However I don't think God can become the focus of public censure. Even though the believers do unforgivable things, we can criticize just them, not God.
I wonder what do you think about freedem of speech. Do you agree with my opinion? Or disagree? What's your opinion about freedom of speech?
정혜린, 201234423
DeleteI agree with your opinion. i think the freedom of speech is important. but i think there is limit anywhere. People's privacy, idea and belief should respect. But people want to know others, so freedom of speech is sometimes controversial. People think speech just reflect their thought but they don't have rigid belief.
Sejun Choi 201134535
DeleteI read your writing interestingly. I’m in favor of your opinion. Freedom does not mean something like having one’s own way. Freedom comes with responsibility and ethics. This is not the exception about speech. As you said, freedom of speech is important but it is also important ethics and responsibility of the media. Nowadays, many journalist put emphasis on freedom of speech, on the other hand, ethics and responsibility of the media is relatively ignored. Every human being has dignity and value as human beings, and the media cannot disturb these things and also follow public morality and social ethics.
DeleteI absolutely agree with you.If the media is controlled, our country has no hope.Free free expression by the media activities will further develop our community.If the pressure on the media, our country is not a democracy
최세준 Sejun Choi, 201134535
ReplyDeleteDo you agree with communication monitoring by government for anti-terrorism?
As many people know, there was a terrible terror in Paris by Islamic terror organization. Many people died and got hurt. Therefore, many countries join together to resist terrorism. The representative example is Budapest Convention. The Convention is a treaty about mutual information cooperating for cybercrime and terrorism participating in various countries. Each country has to prepare information offer system and communication monitoring system by government. However, Korea cannot participate in this convention because Korea cannot prepare these systems.
Korea government guarantees confidentiality of private life and freedom and confidentiality of communications. It is very fair because Korea is liberal democracy but let’s think about the possibility of abused by terrorists. Even if a foreign terrorist organization commands and acting used by KakaoTalk, Korea government cannot investigating it. Furthermore even if the warrant charged, Korea doesn’t have monitoring equipment so effective monitoring is impossible. There was also case of Last year, despite charged legal warrant, KakaoTalk resist warrant.
Nowadays, US, UK, Germany, Japan, etc many countries have the law of monitoring equipment system and they were closely allied to fight with terror organization. I’m so sad that Korea cannot participate in the global flow. And also terror is horrible scary incident hundreds of, thousands of people damaged at a time. I think we must have to prevention and exposure system. What do you think about this?
I don't agree with communication monitoring by government for anti-terrorism. Because that is Invasion of privacy. However, the risk of terrorism is scary. So we have to find out other way. There is many messenger, so if terrorists use other messenger, it will be deadwood. We don't have drug alot, because check smuggling is good. So like a check smuggling, check explosives or weapons.
DeleteI think that is better way.
박진솔 (Park JinSol) 201331502
ReplyDeleteNowadays most of us are addicted to Kakao Talk, the most used chatting application in Korea. It has become a big part of our new culture. Currently, the number of Kakao Talk users is over 37 million. One of the reasons why Koreans love using Kakao Talk is, it can simply send and receive text messages, photos, videos, voice notes, and others for free. Users say the popularity of Kakao Talk is attributed to its high level of convenience over Social Networking Service, as known as SNS, which lacks the privacy of the users.
Just by getting on the subway, you will notice almost everyone around us use Kakao Talk to send messages, play games, post pictures and talk in group chats. For the better use of the application, people must follow some etiquette.
Kakao Talk has a reading mark in chat room. You can notice weather if the person who received the message read the text or not by the mark. If you do not respond right after reading the massage, the person who sends the message might get offended. This is the most important etiquette in Kakao Talk.
Not only by ignoring the message, but also inviting to games through Kakao Talk would annoy people as well. Kakao Talk can share games with friends. If you reach a new record, you can send it out to friends. You can also earn game gift or life by sending invitations. Because of this, people send game invitation messages frequently. It’s very annoying and uncomfortable for the receivers, especially who are not that close with the senders.
Finally, Keeping your phone in silent in public is the most well known etiquettes in our modern society. Although you unconsciously do things, such as ignoring messages, sending out invitations and keeping your phone loud, That might make others feel uncomfortable. These small portions of daily actions might affect your reputation. Therefore, let’s be more cautious of our actions and keep the manners.
박진솔 (Park JinSol) 201331502
ReplyDeleteNowadays most of us are addicted to Kakao Talk, the most used chatting application in Korea. It has become a big part of our new culture. Currently, the number of Kakao Talk users is over 37 million. One of the reasons why Koreans love using Kakao Talk is, it can simply send and receive text messages, photos, videos, voice notes, and others for free. Users say the popularity of Kakao Talk is attributed to its high level of convenience over Social Networking Service, as known as SNS, which lacks the privacy of the users.
Just by getting on the subway, you will notice almost everyone around us use Kakao Talk to send messages, play games, post pictures and talk in group chats. For the better use of the application, people must follow some etiquette.
Kakao Talk has a reading mark in chat room. You can notice weather if the person who received the message read the text or not by the mark. If you do not respond right after reading the massage, the person who sends the message might get offended. This is the most important etiquette in Kakao Talk.
Not only by ignoring the message, but also inviting to games through Kakao Talk would annoy people as well. Kakao Talk can share games with friends. If you reach a new record, you can send it out to friends. You can also earn game gift or life by sending invitations. Because of this, people send game invitation messages frequently. It’s very annoying and uncomfortable for the receivers, especially who are not that close with the senders.
Finally, Keeping your phone in silent in public is the most well known etiquettes in our modern society. Although you unconsciously do things, such as ignoring messages, sending out invitations and keeping your phone loud, That might make others feel uncomfortable. These small portions of daily actions might affect your reputation. Therefore, let’s be more cautious of our actions and keep the manners.
김기림(james, 201132103)
Deletei always use smartphone all day long. there are many role. and, of that, i think the most important function is kakao talk. we send and receive text messages with friends, girlfriend or boyfriend and family.
if i can't use the kakao talk, i'm so frustrated keeping in touch with someone.
and i sympathize with your opinion. if my friend read the text message from me and don't respond, i'm upset. because my friend dosen't want to try to contact with me. it is pretty basic etiquette. although i have a close relationship with my friend, i want to reply.
after reading this post, i woulld keep these text message etiquettes
김진규(John) 201134097
DeleteI absolutely agree with you. I also one of them who is addicted on smart phone. But I keep my time to read when I go to school. On that way I sometimes look around for seeing my enviornment. I can see almost people watch their smart phone. Actually not only that time. It is showed frequently. It's going to be very big problem soon. We don't have enough time to see people's face who we love, say love to our family and frined. So don't let smart phone control our life.
김성현(Kim Seonghyun) 201331477
DeleteThis writing is very interesting. I haven't really thought about these etiquettes. As you said, most of people in Korea use Kaka Talk. Once there was ever a problem as an invasion of privacy. And It is easy to see annoying people about Kakao Talk game invitation and ignoring messages. After reading your writing, i know that these action is the problem.
I agree with you. I get a lot of stress in everyday katok game invitation.When KakaoTalk game is often invited to delete or block a friend.I think this is a big problem
Delete201132253 박동근 (Dongkun Park, David)
ReplyDeleteCultural – Cross – Continua
I’m registering a Global Leadership lecture. On this class, I’m learning mainly ‘Leadership’ and ‘Culture’. In the course of ‘Culture’ I focused on Cultural – Cross – Continua. As one of the global understanding model, this is used to understand variety action and attitude of people who have grown in different culture. There are two examples.
One is about ‘punctuality’. People who are from polychromic culture think time is important in business relationship. On the other hand, people who are from monochronic culture think time is not important in business relationship. So, if you are monochoronic person and do a business with polychromic person, you should be careful to stick business time. If you don’t, he will be unpleasant and you will fail to make a contraction.
The other one is about ‘unsafety’. People who are from risk culture think unsafety is always natural on doing something. On the other hand People who are from restraint culture think unsafety is not always natural on doing something. So, risk people tend to do something adventually. And they challenge more and they like adventure. So they tend to be a global leader. On the other hand, restraint people tend to do something carefully. And they prepare more and they like safety. So they tend to be officials.
There are many kinds of culture in the world. And there are many differences between them. In 21st century, Cultural – Cross – Continua is used effectively
201132103 김기림(james)
ReplyDeletekorean muk-bang.
I recently watched the Conan O'Brien show on youtube. guest was Steven yeun who is a korean-american actor. he introduced muk-bang to the public.
muk-bang means eating broadcast. it is a kind of performance in which someone eats a lot of food or eats deliciously, while interacting with their audience. usually muk-bangs are broadcast on internet broadcast Afreeca tv.
In korea, muk-bang is popular item. honestly, I haven't watched much. but sometimes I watch it with my friend.
I think people get vicarious satisfaction from muk-bang. many people worry about eating food. because they don't want to getting fat and don't have enough money to eat many kinds of food. it also can communicate with many people. they can chat in real time. so, they share opinions and feel the same way.
In a way, foreigners couldn't understand why people watch other people's eating. also, it could be weird that some people even give money to the bj(broadcasting jockey). That's one way to look at it, but it is a popular trend in korea these days. not only muk-bang, many chefs come out and cook on tv programs. this trend related to food seems to last for a while.
Eating habits begin at early age. many children and teenagers don't have to follow bad eating habits. anyway, I love korean food and korean food is healthy and nice. I hope many foreigners watch muk-bang and enjoy eating korean food.
신명철 201131356
DeleteIt’s interesting!. I have never watched the Africa TV. But, since I was young, I like to cook, so I like some TV channels about cooking like Olive TV. Just few years ago, most of cooking tv programs were boring, and they just taught cooking without eating. But now, eating is an important part. It’s not boring, and I feel excited when they are eating some delicious foods. It’s a kind of new trendy Korean cultures, and I like it.
These days there is many muk-bang in Africa TV. I watched it last week for the first time. And I was surprised because I can't eat alot but they do. And they eat really delicious. When I watching it, I'm got hungry.
DeleteI recommend Korean Englishman in youtube. He is introduced Korean food for foreigner. This is pretty interesting, I guess.
Sejun Choi 201134535
DeleteI have never seen "Muk-bang" but after I read your writing, I get curious about "Muk-bang". At first, I don't know what does it meaning about just watching someone’s eating. Because it would not eat myself. I think I'd rather buy food at that time of watching the broadcast. But as the word "I'm full just look your eating", that vicarious satisfaction is considerable. I'll watch the Conan O'Brien show on youtube after final exam.
I think it's good.I'm seeing is often the meokbang. It gives me satisfaction.Although not actually what I eat, by looking at the diet also can meokbang
Delete201132728 유희균
DeleteI have seen 'Muk-bang' at afreeca tv last year.
In my opinion, many people are usually do Muk-Bang. and Mukbang that can be found around us.
my girl friend always eat alot like Muk-bang.
I can't understand how can eat.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete201334581 blowen(lim ji hee)
ReplyDeleteHow to keep good friendship?
I believe that friend is an important partner in our lives. Sometimes, they encourage you when you are sad, you can feel comfortable, and also when you is in trouble, you can talk to friend. However, I think it is hard to keep good friendship for a long time. It can break easily with a little misunderstanding. Also, as you know, sometimes, friends always not be the best friends, they trying to faking you or concealing their mind. So I think the most important things that keeping a good friendship are faith, and being good listener. There are several reasons that why I think it is most important things.
First of all, I think faith is an integral part of the relationship. There will not be any lies when you make a good friends. Because lies can hurt people's feelings and can lead to some trouble and serious results.
Finally, You need to concentrated to your friend when they are talking. If your friend say about something important or trouble to share, you have to pay attention to your friend. It might be benefit for you when you are listening. But if you didn't concentrated to your friends, such as looking at sky or thinking about something else or looking at phone, your friend feel ignored. I know, to be good listener is very hard and it would try the patience of job. But sometimes it will be good for keeping your relationships.
Therefore, I think most important things that keeping a good relationships are faith, and being good listener. However, especially, the most important is faith. If you don’t have any faith to your friends, it might be break easily and can't keep anymore. So I like to say, if you want to keep good friendship, you need to trying to understand their feelings and talk all the time! I hope to keep a good friendship!
김기리(james 201132103)
Deletei think that the most important person in my life is my friend.
when i'm with my friends, i'm very happy. also i can forget about my bad memories.
i agree with you. the most important thing is faith. and although we're very busy, we contact each other often. these days, my friends and me had not seen each other. some go to school. some make money at the company. but i think that we see each other and spend time together. absolutely, friendship doesn't require these things. but i'm pretty sure that these things are very important to keep a good friendship.
anyway, i hope you keep a good friendship, too.
이원화, 201132044
DeleteI agree with you. Especially, it impress me that we should be a good listener. Your writing makes me look back over my time. I can't sure if I am a good friend to my friends. And if I have to say one thing, I think when we become more relaxed with each other in our friendship, we need to be careful to avoid a slip of the tongue. Our careless words can hurt our friends. And the relationship can be irreparably damaged.
I absolutely agree with you. Friends seem to be an indispensable presence in the world.Share with each other and when sad or happy, gives saving each other.I would like to meet more good friends
Delete박진솔 (201331502)
DeleteRelationship is too difficult to me. I think the most important thing in a relationship is honesty. Honesty is hard to get and easy to collapse. A relationship needs long time and we should try to good relationship. I agree with you and this post is very helpful to me.
Studying abroad
ReplyDeleteMany people go to other countries to study. This is a very usual thing recently. Some students think that study abroad brings many benefits, while others have different opinions that it could be harmful especially for younger students. It is quite natural that people from different backgrounds may have divergent attitudes.
There are ideas of disadvantage. One is to live far away from home, Students will suffer from loneliness and homesickness. Overseas students often feel disoriented and depressed. Sometimes there is racism. It could hurt people in any way. The other is students have too much freedom. When I was studying abroad, it was easy to buy weed. Anyone could get it if they have money. Don’t get me wrong. I have never tried weed. Anyway, there is no one who controls students.
To this issue, some other people hold a different attitude, arguing that students should go abroad to study. They get a chance to experience a totally different culture. The knowledge of social customs acquired in the other countries helps them to become more open-minded. In addition, when students finish their study, they have more job opportunities. I think the advantages are more obvious. It can broaden one’s vision.
There are not only advantages but disadvantages and i think stuyding abroad may do good than harm. What do you think?
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju
DeleteI agree a little with you. Like you, I think studying abroad have advantages and disadvantages. Loneliness and homesickness is important reason for anyone. There are many people not to endure the loneliness. Fortunately, I'm not. Now I'm third grade. I want to go abroad to study at least once.
김진규 John 201134097
ReplyDeleteAre you interested in art? These days, there are so many good exhibitions at many art museum. In Seoul art center, 'From Picasso to Francis Bacon' is held and in war memorial of Korea, there is Monet's exhibition. I think it's really good for you if you have an interest about art especially paints. Those make our life enrich. I want to talk something more about Monet.
Claude Monet was born in November 14th 1840, at France. He is one of impressionist and also he is one of them who made impressionism. Impressionism made a very big movement. Until impressionism, many of painter painted academic and classic style. Impressionist wanted to draw their impression about what they saw. It was a first step of modern art. It was really big storm and Monet was the one who is eye of storm. At first, he and many impressionist were excluded from major trend of art. But new era wanted new style, so they got popular soon.
My favorite paint of Monet's is Impression : The Sunrise. Actually I love to see sunrise and sunset. His picture makes me feel happy. I mean it. Beautiful sunrise, town in mist, reflected sunshine. Perfect sight. I also like waterlilies. Those are very big paint and in France art museum. But this month that picture is going to be exhibited at war memorial of Korea. I really don't want to this wonderful chance. After final exam, I'm sure I'm going to go that place.
유희균 201132728
DeleteOh, Mr. John have excellent insight!I like a Picasso. It is not dare to express his abstract expression to my speaking ability. I liked the art midae but there was no attempt to attend the convenience of home help it. So often I attend the museum as a hobby.
윤석환 201031360_SP D2
ReplyDeleteI think smartphone is popular in thesedays, and the reason is its amazing functions. first, Smartphone makes people more closer than ever. Now many people move their cyber home to online page on Facebook, Kakaotalk, twitter. With this SNS tools, we can communicate each other almost in real time, so boundary line between nations get lose its meaning; the world become one village. Second, Smartphone makes its own vitual world. Application programs like Photosynth and Aurasma shows objects information via smartphone screen. they provide people additional information based on real map. All you have to do is launching these apps and look inside. You can find hidden information of that objects. The third, the smartphone gives people power to change the world. this is not just a cellular phone but a creating device. If you want know something, this device can provide anything you want; furthermore, you can change people's life style by making new app. The world is connected. this is possible work. Everything spread fast. In conclusion, I think smartphone is good tool for us. With this technology , we can do things that we can not do before, and it changes the world more better and better. Not other people's story It can be your story.
박진솔 201331502
DeleteWe can do pretty much everything with smartphone. While smartphones are convenient, many people worry that Korea is becoming asmartphone-addicted country. smartphone might prevent them from doing so. Sometimes we need a face a person to talk. And sometimes we write latter to friend or family.
유희균 201132728
DeleteYeah, I guess. However, there is a problem accordingly. It is a smartphone addiction. Smartphone addiction is a serious problem of youth. This vision is not formed correctly, having a lot of adverse effects, leading to a lack of exercise.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju
DeleteI agree with you I memorized my childhood. To meet with my friends, In my house, I called to my friend's house. and we meet in appointed time and designated place. we sometimes staggered. Because of smartphone, we are easy to communicate and to me with our friends. It is convenient, but smartphone make our health worse like wrist and eyes.
이인찬 chan 201132738
ReplyDeleteI am about the culinary culture of the Republic of Korea, we would like to introduce a
Republic of Korea by remembering what we come up some food Looking simyeon?
Most kimchi, bulgogi, bibimbap, etc. You'll be many.
I'll notify you introduce them bread.
There are many different kinds of tteokeneun of the Republic of Korea.
Kkultteok ignorance, bloody, chapssaltteok, baekseolgi, injeolmi, etc. There are many dish.
When creating the kind of bread, grain bread goes, and how to create a varies depending on the type.
In South Korea cakes weddings, funerals and holidays, baby's one hundred days, or stone, is the food you eat a lot of birthdays, etc..
Typical ways to create them bread and a steaming have also creates striking and also making the oil and fry jijyeoseo Life is prayer.
I usually eat a lot of bread myeongjeolen two tteokipnida particularly important.
Thanksgiving dish, especially the extremely important. Another New Year's Day to make a rice cake making garaetteok'll have.
Looking to eat bread in the country this holiday tradition originated with the bread you can see that the very deep.
Our ancestors, the rice cakes building, killed the cook how to make a finding as it will create.
At first I had a simple, but you came to the modern variety of rice cake and garnish with the addition of more varied colors and is able to enjoy a delicious cake.
In the future, but I usually eat bread only in holiday bapdaesin, snack cakes instead of bread and eat country want you to know a lot of culture. Or more. Thank yo
201132728 유희균
ReplyDeleteI go to school by subway. It doesn't take long to get there. It takes about an hour. I usually do my regular routine of going to class with some minor chatting between the trips to the classes. My first class starts at 9 A.M. everyday. My other classes are spread out throughout the day. It starts with an elective class then after about fifty minutes, It is time to go to the next class. This cycle continues till the required class since that is my last class. Between classes, I normally go to the library. Sometimes, I meet my friends for tea or lunch. At lunch time, I go to the cafeteria to eat. My last class differs from day to day, depending on my schedule. Lunch and basics such as English are included in my schedule of course. I usually head home at about 5 P.M. As you can see, my weekdays are busy.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju
DeleteI don't agree with you. You always late to class like me. Because you drink soju and beer every night lately with me and Inchan. right? Next semester, don't drink well. and Let's exercise and let's study together.
Maybe professor want to do that. Our graduation will be soon. Let's think our future.
201132710 문경주 Moon Kyung Ju
ReplyDeleteTheseday, there are many story about soil spoon and gold spoon. There are a difference. soil spoon means that born in a poor
family and gold spoon meas that bore in a rich family. Theseday, employment is very hard and korea economy is very hard.
Many people talk their family's economical capability and background. they criticize their circumstances and blame to their
parent's background. I'm really sad this circumstances. Why we do our's best? Why we first blame our circumstance before do
our's best? In this hard period, we always can fail. There are many people not to do their best effort. I'm sad this point.
and I think that my parent's peroid is worse than our period. in that time, I think that eating is the most worrying problem.
Currently, we can live to eat at least thanks to our parents. It is wrong that we blame to our parents. It is our problem, our
lack of effort. Of course, wealth is envy for us. but wealth is not all for happiness. wealth is just one part in our life.
we always thank for our parent's and do our best to do good parent
One can undertake all sorts of advised excursions with assorted limousine functions. Various offer great courses and many can take clients for just about any ride your bike over the investment banking area, or even for a vacation to new york. ??????? visit this site
ReplyDelete