Saturday, October 3, 2015

****POST YOUR 1ST WRITING HERE****

147 comments:

  1. Do you like your major? (신명철 Brian201131356)

    When I was young, I didn't know what is the best career for me and no one told me what kind of careers can I choose. I wanted to be a psychologist, but my father talked me out of it. He said it’s hard to make a living as a psychologist. So, when I applied for the university, I chose my major as Business Administration that my parents want me to study.
    I was not good at mathematics, so it was so hard to study something about finance, Accounting and statistics. I tried to do my best, but the bad grade didn’t make me cheer up. So I always thought I shouldn’t have chosen this major.
    MY friends want me to change my major, but I didn’t want to spend more time to graduate the university. So I decided to find my new talents after class. I tried so many kinds of things such as making foods, running an internet shopping mall, learning about trade, translating Mandarin to Korean and others. Then, I found out I’m fit for International Trade. So I changed my mind and started to study commerce alone after the class.
    Now I have gotten four certificates about commerce, and I’m still studying more about it. I think it’s not so late to decide changing your mind if you are a university student. So I hope you to find your best career before It’s too late.

    (I don't know should it be one paragragh or not. if It is, I will fix it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed with your writing. Because I usually think that my major is not fun. My major is Tourism Management. Actually, I still like this field. But I'm not interested in the subjects that i have learned. It's really hard to change the career. So i think you are brave!!

      Delete
    2. (이지예 Lee, Ji-Ye 201334755)
      I think that you are very wise and brilliant. These days, many students choose a career that does not meet the self-competence and interest because it is very difficult to get a job. But they will not be long work because they choose a job that does not fit them. So I hope students to find their best career too.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I'm impressed with your writing too! Your wirting makes me thoughtful. I have had same trouble to you have. I dont know what I want to do or be. But now, I have a own motto. "If they want, they could do." I'll do what I want.

      Delete
    5. It's incredibly difficult to choose a major when you haven't had enough life experiences to know your likes and dislikes. Sounds like you're on your way to finding out who you are so that you can choose the path to your own life and destiny. I know having parents who are too enmeshed with your life and dictate what you should study but do what you're happy doing. Its something you'll have to do for the rest of your life. I have personally met many Korean men in my age who hated what they were doing and just quit and remained jobless while in pursuit of her happiness in doing something else. Don't make the same mistakes as them by changing your career later in life.

      Dear "Anonymous", you have no name so you cannot be given credit for your mini post. Please add your name to the top of bottom of your post.

      Delete

    6. 윤석환_SP D2_201031360

      I'm impressed with your writing too! Your wirting makes me thoughtful. I have had same trouble to you have. I dont know what I want to do or be. But now, I have a own motto. "If they want, they could do." I'll do what I want.

      Delete
    7. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
      I'm impressed with your writing. When i applied for University, my parents pressed me to choose my major because i have no idea. But this year i determine to be a professional in social welfare because i recognized my major is suit for me. Reading your writing, i think i may be a lucky girl to find my aptitude quickly.

      Delete
    8. you are so great! your writing is a encouragement to me.
      Because now i am thinking about my future job. My major is a food and nutrition, after graduation, most people working at nutritionist. However i don't want to become nutrtionist, because it just didn't seem to suit me.
      so i am trying to find a job in food, so your writing make me thoutful thank you!

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. 김기림(james , 201132103)

      I think you're brave and challenging. Actually, i had thought like you, but i acted the opposite way. These days, i'm trying to do various experience. I don't know what to do at the future. But i'm trying to find it. Anyway, i envy you in this way. I'm going to do better like you.

      P.S thank you for your recommendation. Actually i'm going to ride a bicycle at Bukhan river, but i didn't. Anyway, i'm glad to meet you too

      Delete
    11. (박동근, David, 201132253 SP D2)
      It is very difficult to choose your job, so I’m impressed with your writing. My major is also management too, so I also have a concern related with what I should do in the future. This writing makes me sympathize your writing and makes me think about myself. Thank you for your writing and good luck to your life.

      Delete
    12. 김진규 John 201134097

      When people tell me how you choose your major, I always tell them. Just low competiton rate. I don't know well about my major. But I get more interested at fashion, while I take a major class. Also I want to get a job this area. I think your writing subject is not easy to say something. But I want you to know this. We are still young and need more experience. In your 20's, something that you did can help your career someday. So try something more have many exprience.

      Delete
  2. (I can't make a space ahead of sentence.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim Seong-hyun, SP D2, 201331477

    I want to talk about awareness of holiday in Korea. I think that these days a lot of people don’t know the exact meaning of holiday in Korea except famous holiday such as chuseok, New Year´s Day. For example, there are people who don’t know what Memorial Day means. In holiday, people also don’t know the reason why they take a day off from work. However, holiday has been designated by the government. In other words, the government designated officially for the commemoration of these holiday.

    So we need to know that what these holiday mean. There are three ways to remind people who don’t know the exact meaning of holiday. First the government should let people know consistently by using various ways such as public advertisement, Social Network Service (SNS). Second, in school, teacher has to explain why this day is holiday to students exactly. This way can help student to remind of the meaning as an adult. Finally, we always need to make an effort to have interest in the holiday by oneself. I think that this is the most important way. Because if a lot of people make an effort to have interest in the holiday, these interests will spread quickly all over the country.

    How do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 신명철 (Brian 201131356 )
      I agree it's important people should know the meanings of holidays, but I think we need some different ways to remind people. Government is already using advertisements and it needs so much money. Actually teacher taught us many times about holidays when we was in elementary school, but now, I just remember some of them. So what about making a campaign on SNS websites or on the street? If many university students try to make some UCC videos about holidays, I think it would be a good experience for them, and it can be impressed on people's memory. We can do it instead of government!

      Delete
    2. Who's job is it ultimately to learn about the national holidays that your country celebrates? If the general public is unaware, who's fault is it? Is it the job of the government to educate the public? I often hear the public blame the government for lack of action or proposal and places tremendous burden on the Korean government to fix things that are broken in Korea. Where do the citizens of Korea fit into the big picture of things? In the U.S., President JFK has a famous speech, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country".

      When you say people don't know about holidays, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean people don't know why we celebrate Chuseok and New Year's Day? Or do you mean the lack of celebration by the citizens so as to make it seem meaningless? Could you clarify?

      Delete
    3. 박진솔(Park JinSol_201331502)
      I agree with your opinion. People just think that holiday is day off. Actually I don’t know about Korea holiday perfectly too. So I often prepared for upcoming holiday. For example, I have searched about the history of holiday. The history of holiday is very interesting and meaningful. We can easily search any information on smartphone. So let’s find just a minute to know our holiday.

      Delete
    4. 이원화 (201132044)

      I agree with you. Including me, a lot of people don't know and are indifferent to the meaning of holiday exactly. After I read your writing, I'm so embarrassed because I was just pleased to take a day off. I'm especially impressed with your third way. So I will make an effort to know about our holidays well.

      Delete
    5. 신동철- I agree with you. Many university students like making a UCC videos. Besides, because young people enjoy the computer or smart phone, it will be very effective way.

      JUNE- It means the history of holiday in Korea. People in Korea know why we celebrate Chuseok and New Year's Day. But they don't know why we commemorate Constitution Day(제헌절) and Memorial Day(현충일).
      And it is the most important that we need to make an effort to learn about these holiday by oneself.

      박진솔- I think so. Nowadays we can do it if we put our mind to it. But many people have been busy, and usually tired. So sometimes they can't remind of searching the meaning of holiday.

      이원화- I'm very happy to make you impressed. Although i wrote this writing, sometimes i'm also confused. So we need to make an effort by oneself.

      Delete
    6. (박동근, David, 201132253 SP D2)
      I agree your opinion. Nowadays, people just want their holiday as a resting day. Even if we can rest ourselves on holidays, we should know meaning of holiday. Especially I ‘m impressed that people don’t know what Memorial Day means. I also think that is very serious problem. Thanks to your writing, I can live thinking about meaning of holiday.

      Delete
    7. Everything has a meaning. It is really important. These days many things' meanings are gotten lost. It is very serious problem. It comes to the front and take many things, like people's communicate is getting less and less. It means they could get isolated. No meaning, no life.

      Delete
    8. 김진규 John 201134097

      Everything has a meaning. It is really important. These days many things' meanings are gotten lost. It is very serious problem. It comes to the front and take many things, like people's communicate is getting less and less. It means they could get isolated. No meaning, no life.

      Delete
  4. 박동근(Park Dongkun, David) SP D2, 201132253
    Why don’t you do your best for your dream?
    When I was young, I used to enjoy watching animation. One of them impressed me to dream for my future. This was ‘King of Cook Biryong.’ This animation was a story about that Biryong won many kinds of cooking battle, and after all, he would be the top chef in china. In the animation, Biryong made many foods that looked good and delicious. I was impresses and I think I could make many foods like Biryong. So I told my mother that I want to be cook, but my mother talked me out of it. She said it is hard to make foods that look good because there was not manual dexterity for me. At that time I should have done my best for my dream, but I didn’t.
    When I was in middle school children, my parents recommended me to be a judge who make a judgment on a court. They thinked it was great job for me because this job was high-ranking official and assured good pay. But I didn’t efforts to be a judge because I thinked it was not suitable for me and definitely, I wouldn’t pass the exam forever.
    And then, I entered gachon university, majoring urban planning. I just expected my life as an urban planner. However, It would be hard working and would be hard to make a living. So I changed my major to management. First semester after the changing major was very confusing for me. I didn’t know what I should do in the future. So I thinked what I want to do from that time. I studied hard my major, did part time job, exercised every day. A year later, I found that I like accounting. It is not easy but it is challengeable. So I set up the goal that I get the CPA. Now, I study accounting every day and I will not give up my dream to the end.
    Today, I think we have many kinds of difficulty to achieve a goal as a Korean university student. But I want to say my friends, “Before we complain our society or give up our goal, What about do your best to the end?”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (신명철 Brian 201131356) I love the animation 'Biryong'. I watched it for improving my Chinese listening ability. So i understand why did you want to be a cook. If you are still interested in cooking, you can do it instead of your mom!! It could be a good hobby.
      I think getting the CPA is a nice goal. Although i heard it sooooooo hard to get the certificate, i think you can do it and i hope to see your name on a banner someday.

      Delete
    2. (이지예 Lee, Ji-Ye 201334755)
      I think that you are similar to me. When I was young, I dreamed of thoracic surgeon after watching the drama. And I changed my major to Global Business. After I changed major, I was also confused. But now I decided on my dream. And I will not give up my dream to the end too. You and I have to try to achieve a dream.

      Delete
    3. What is the purpose of education? What is the purpose of you attending Gachon University? To get a job? To grow as a person? To make civilized society as to educate the public?

      Your parents clearly steered you away from cooking. Why do you think that is? Who decides that being a judge is better than being a chef? Are white-collar jobs better than blue-collared jobs? Not everyone is made to attend colleges and universities. Not everyone can becomes doctors, lawyers, or judges. Someone has to fry our chickens and make the delicious food and coffee we eat and drink each day. How did our society place such unfair judgments on job positions? How can we start to change? Is having a white-collar job such as being a judge over a chef better at the expense of your happiness? Is it worth being unhappy for the sake of being a judge? Is financial gain only way to measure success? Where does happiness fit in to all of this?

      I know that this is a difficult topic to write about but thank you for sharing with us!

      Delete
    4. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
      I also dreamed to enter Harvard University when i was sixteen. But i realized it's impossible for me that day. So i used to think what i want to do in the future. I major in social welfare now. I determine that i want to be a social welfare and to help other people experiencing difficulty in their lives. And i never give up to be a social welfare. I'll try to do my best for my dream.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. (김성현 201331477)
      My major is tourism management. When I chose this major, I was convinced that I always do my best. But now, I don't do my best. I agree with you. It is important to think what i did before i give up something. So, from now, as you said, i need to do my best to the end. I impressed with your writing because your writing makes me think again about my past action.

      Delete
    8. (문경주, 201132710 SP D2)
      I'm sorry to hear that you gave up to cook because your parents.
      But it is envy that you search for a dream and make an effort for your dream.
      In my case, i spent all student times in playground to be a professional athletes. When i was a Highschool students, i gave up to exercise because of injury. Then I don't know what I want in my furture, just study my major. I think searching for your dream is the most great work.

      Delete
    9. 박시언 - If you go to Japan, you often can see a Japanese women with Kimono. I’d like to try on that When I saw them. I think they’re proud of their traditional costume. It might have seemed beautiful.

      June - Hanbok can be hanbok with a waist skirt. The modernize Hanbok can buy skirt or Jeogori seperatly. We buy just only Hanbok skirt and can layered with ordinary shirts.
      I belived that Hanbok is the most beautiful costume in the world because Above all the other countries traditional costume, Hanbok makes people gracefully and Hanbok has a rich history.
      I think making Hanbok is a very time-consuming and expensive process. Hanbok has limited quantity and require amount of working hour because Hanbok made by hand. And Silk is usually the main ingredients for making Hanbok and silk is very expensive. So Hanbok has gotten to be expensive.

      김성현 – I agree with you. The modernized Hanbok designers are trying to overcome the weakness of Hanbok. We will try on sooner or later What we think that Ideal Hanbok.

      백혜민 – First I saw the pictures of modernized Hanbok on Facebook, too. SNS is a good chance to meet and communicate with people all over the world.

      유하영 – I went to Jeonju Hanok Vilage in Jeonju City. There have many Hanbok rental shop. I tried Hanbok after 7 years. It really make me feel better and look happier. Other people who wearing Hanbok, they looked really happy and excited like me. I think it’s power of Hanbok.

      Delete
  5. 김기림(james), SP D2, 201132103

    Cross-country cycling

    Since i was kid, i have been interested in riding bicycle. And it was my number one hobby until now. After retiring from the army, I planned to go on a cross-country cycling.
    I rode a bicycle from Incheon to Busan with my best friend in last August. This distance is 638km. This Cross-country cycling was exciting and enjoyable experience. I rode a bicycle more than 10 hours a day and learned tenacity. I putted a pain relief patch on my whole body. It was so hard, but it was worth it. I met a lot of nice people and enjoyed the great view. Also, when i went down a steep hill, i felt thrilled.
    The unusual attraction of Cross-country cycling was eating a representative food of each region. I'm a big meat eater. So i ate galbi, samgyupsal and bulgogi with soju. I was trying to lose weight, but gained weight.
    Anyway, it took 7days. I was glad to be home again. I saw our photo, and i thought we might always talk about it.
    I’ve never experienced anything like this before. It was fantastic experience that i would like to recommend to my friends.
    Riding a bicycle exercises the whole body. Also, bicycle can be a good transportation.
    I want to recommend a bicycle to everyone. And finally, i hope to ride a bicycle in jeju island with my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (신명철 Brian 201131356) Riding bicycle is my hobby too! You can see my kakaotalk profile photo is taken on the Cross-Country road(수안보온천 Do you remember it?) with my bicycle. I'm so glad to know someone like riding. I know it's not so easy, and so many people give up before they arrive at Busan. you are brave and awesome. if you enjoyed it, I recommend you trying other roads such as 4rivers road or Eastern coast road. The view is much more beautiful than the Cross-Country road!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. (최세준 Sejun, Choi 201134535) I’m not good at cycling like you, but sometimes I enjoy riding bicycle too. I think you are very incredible because I cannot even conceive the idea of that long distance to ride bicycle. I'm just about to go riding to the Han River. I think you are very healthy because of cycling. After I read your writing, I want to challenge cross-country cycling in the future as you did. It will be fantastic

      Delete
    4. 윤석환_SP D2_201031360

      I like to ride a bicycle too! At easy distance, I usually go to with my bicycle. And then, I have ever been to Inchon form Seoul with my bicycle. It was a good experience. That time was winter, very chilly and add to my troubles, I Had an upset stomach. Nevertheless, I have arrived at Inchon. Finally, I was moved! Of course, I have got back my home with ambulance.

      Delete
    5. From one of my students from last year, I learned about this walking and bike tours around the country. The student matured a lot from having done this cycling tour which gave him time to talk and to learn about himself and life in general. Ever since then, I thought it was a great way for young adults to travel and to experience new things.

      Well, during this past summer, I was out in 경포대 riding a bike around the lake there when all of a sudden I heard, "June!" from a patch of cyclists that went by me. When I turned back around, it was that same student who looked back with a big smile on his face. I felt so good to be recognized by someone so far away from home....I felt like a celebrity! kk

      Good job for sharing about this James. Maybe you can post some website links for your classmates?

      Delete
    6. (박동근, David, 201132253 SP D2)
      I think it may be bucket list for men who like to exercise to ride cross-country cycling. It is a great time to meet nice people and eat the representative foods of each region on trip. I also wanted to do this but I didn’t because I didn’t have enough brave to do this. So, I would like to applause your brave and effort to finish your cross-country cycling.

      Delete
    7. Wow, you have a nice hobby James. I’m impressed. It takes a lot of stamina to ride a bicycle. I can’t ride it for even 30minutes. Haha. I have never heard about cross-country cycling. Thank you for posting about it. I got some information :) Riding bicycle in Jeju would feel so great. I should try that!

      Delete
    8. (유하영 201334436 SP D2)
      Wow! It is amazing how you traveled 638km with your bicycle. I like to travel but I wouldn't try traveling with a bicycle. But I was really impressed that you rode a bicycle from Incheon to Busan. I think from now on, whatever you do, you are going to do it very well with patience, because you have successfully achieved your goal of traveling for that long distance. You are awesome!

      Delete
  6. 박시언(Helia) SP D2, 201233386

    Do you know about 'Colored hearing'? Colored Hearing means Someone can see the color that you hear. When I saw this news on the Internet, I was surprised. Because I'm colored hearing person and I thought everyone same like me. But it wasn't. And even there is no one who can see color around me. So when I talk about color hearing, they are really interested about it.

    I can see not only sounds, but also pain. When I was high school student, I had a terrible stomachache. And I saw some pain, like a small black been. I went to hospital, took a X-ray. It was unbelievable when I saw X-ray. Because there is black been what I saw.

    If I listening music that is not just image. Images are moving when rhythm, harmony moving. And I can see taste, smell, touch, every sounds and letter's color. I heard other colored hearing people have trouble with seeing color. Because they always see the strong color even they walk in the street. That is really dangerous. But in my case, I am really get used to about it so colors are weak. If there is bigger stimulation, I can see stronger color.

    Are you interested in Color Hearing? What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called synesthesia. I had to look it up. Sounds like some rare amount of people can hear color where the senses in the brain are intertwined. You are one of the rare folks that has this ability. Wow! How fascinating! Maybe you have some sort of gift, like the kind written in the Bible? How often can you see images? When do they most occur?

      I'm very curious to learn more about this. And thank you for the topic, very interesting.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for saying gift! I saw some image when the sound is really big or new. And it could be anytime if I heard sound. Some small sound is too weak so I can't see it. But if strong sounds, it has strong color. And I heard someone's name, I saw the color very frequently. June, your name is brignt brown and yellow!

      Delete
    3. 이원화 (201132044)

      It's very interesting! I have never heard about colored hearing. So I can't imagine how you can see color when you heard sound. Do you know the drama 'A girl who can see smell'? I didn't enjoy that drama but I think you have a dramatic life. And I hope you won't have troubles with seeing color like this forever.

      Delete
    4. 최희정(201334455)
      I'm really surprised to your subject and interested in your ability. I found 'colored hearing' in internet and thought it is beautiful ability. When you listen to music, you can feel the music with sight as well as hearing? How wonderful ability it is! I wonder what you can see from me. I wish to you can see only beautiful color.

      Delete
    5. 최세준 (SP D2 201134535)
      Wow, I think your ability is very special. I already know the existence who can watch the color that heard, but I've never seen the person like you before. You can see the world that other people cannot see. I think you have the artistic ability because you have such capability. You have the potential for a very successful future. I hope to make good that unique ability.

      Delete
    6. Yes! I am very interested in! I can’t believe people who have these sorts of abilities are existing. I thought it’s a fake story. It’s like supernatural powers. Do you hear colors or see sounds all the time? What does it feel like? When did you find out that is unusual and special power? I wish I had this kind of gifts like you.

      Delete
    7. ( 유하영 201334436 SP S2)
      It is very interesting! I thought this kind of ability was only possible to happen in the movies. I searched it up online and I was amused how incredible it was and I couldn't quiet understand it because it is something I can never experiece. But I also found that you need to be careful when you walk outside so please be careful outside!

      Delete
    8. 이원화
      I have never heard about colored hearing, too.
      Recently I know that I'm different.
      I didn't watched that drama, but it's pretty interesting!
      Thank you for suggest!

      최희정
      Yes, When I listening music, the color shows up.
      And it is moving!
      I can see your name is red, black+gray,brown+yellow.

      최세준
      I didn't met people who likes me, yet.
      I want some people like me than I can share what I saw.

      백혜민
      Maybe not all the time. I'm used to watching color, so if sounds are usual and I don't even care,
      than I can't see it. But if I concentrate, I can see them.
      I'm so used to it. So I don't know the feeling.
      I find out very recently.
      Because I thought everyone same like me!

      유하영
      Thanks for concern about me!
      I know it is unbelievable like, your name is light green, gray blue, dark green.
      Oh, I read somewhere if you practice than you can see it.

      Delete
  7. 박진솔 SP D2 201331502

    Hello~My name is JinSol Park. I want to talk about Hanbok that traditional clothes of Korea. Since people who lived in the period of the Three State had worn them mostly. So Hanbok displays our traditional style and the costume of the straight lines and curves a little harmony is very beautiful and elegant. I’m so proud of Hanbok and I belived that Hanbok is the most beautiful costume in the word. I’d love Hanbok and really want get one, But compared to other clothes, Hanboks cost a lot of money. The major drawback of Hanbok is cost and uncomfortable. These things reason why Hanbok wouldn’t be popularized.
    I’m highly regrettable that Hanbok wouldn’t be popularized. But there is some happy news. Hanbok has been simplified these days. The Hanbok designers make up for it in terms of comfortable, low cost and beautiful design. And they designed most similar to casual clothes. The Modermized Hanbok is still unknown to people. I wish that well known and through this opportunity, I want to break common misconceptions and stereotypes about Hanbok. Many Korean people would by wearing Hanbok, I wish that well known to a citizen of the world.

    *www.facebook.com/songofaga (This link is page that sell the modermized Hanbok)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (박시언 Helia 201233396) I know Japanese wear daily kimono in their special day. And I always envious them. Because Hanbok is also beautiful but nobody wear it these days. I saw some people waer a life Hanbok in Korea. And I want to wear life Hanbok, too. So I found some site, it was really expensive. But if it will be cheaper I'd love to buy it. I'm lokking forward Waist skirt.

      Delete
    2. What is a "life hanbok"? Can hanbok be hanbok with a "waist skirt"?

      Delete
    3. "I belived that Hanbok is the most beautiful costume in the word"--Why do you believe that Hanbok is the most beautiful costume in the world? You provide no support for your claim.

      Why is it important for people around the world to know about hanbok? Why do you think hanbok has gotten to be so expensive? I have only had one hanbok which I wore at my brother's wedding. I do not have one in Korea :(

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. (김성현 201331477)
      Your writing is very interesting. I agree with your opinion that Hanbok wouldn't popularized because of the cost. And I also think the reason why people don't wear Hanbok frequently is less comfortable than other clothes. So simplified Hanbok is helpful to popularize the Hanbok. If not, at least, these simplified Hanbok can helpful to break common misconception that Hanbok is uncomfortable.

      Delete
    7. I really love Hanbok. Once i asked my mom to buy one for me and she said it’s expensive and kind of waste because we don’t wear it every day. So I have never had Hanbok. Yeah, I saw the pictures of modernized Hanbok on Facebook. They were beautiful. I heard that these are still expensive. One day I’d like to have modernized Hanbok and original one.

      Delete
    8. (유하영 201334436 SP S2)
      I really love the style and color of Hanbok just like you. I even went to Hanbok festival because I wanted to try wearing pretty Hanbok for free. I agree that it is really expensive to buy but if I get a chance and have enough money to buy it, I will definitely go get one as soon as possible. And just like how you said, I really wish and hope that our traditional Hanbok gets popularized and people around the world can see the beauty of it.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (이지예 Lee, Ji-Ye 201334755)
      I agree with your writings. I also love Hanbok. Hanbok is very beautiful. So I would like to inform the Hanbok to other nations. To do this, Many Korean wears Hanbok. But many people couldn’t wear Hanbok because Hanbok is very expensive and uncomfortable.
      But I got to know new information after I read your writings. That is Hanbok designers make up Hanbok to comfortable and low cost. Therefore I wish that many people wear Hanbok and Hanbok is well known to the citizen of the world.

      Delete
  9. 최세준 SP D2 201134535

    Vanishing Chuseok's real meaning.

    Last month, there was Chuseok which is Korean's largest traditional holiday. Chuseok’s literal meaning is autumn evening day that rising bright full moon. Chuseok’s full moon is a symbol of abundance and fertility, but another important meaning is to realize and recover the family homogeneity and identity. On Chuseok, family and relative who live scattered in distant places gather together and make food together for having a memorial ceremony for ancestors. In this process, we can recognize our ancestry.

    In my childhood, grandmother’s house was crowded with family and relative on Chuseok. The day before Chuseok, we made ‘Songpyeon’ together and spent time with my cousins all night along. After a memorial ceremony for ancestors, sat together and shared our stories during ate Chuseok food. Memories of those days are happy and joyous.

    Today’s family gathering is finished just that day. The brothers who are now adults turn to their home for study or occupation, relaxation. It is true that these days Chuseok’s meaning is not traditional holyday but just long holiday because many modern people’s life is very busy so they want to relaxation. In accordance with this trend, increases traveling and leisure activities using long weekend holiday.

    Chuseok is not the only the time to give our gratitude to ancestors. Many people prioritize this holiday even if there are many things to do. Cuseok is very special and meaningful day to elicit love and harmony. I hope that this meaning is maintained for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, the part you wrote about the day before Chuseok making songpyeon reminded me of Thanksgiving back home. The day before Thanksgivivng, my sister and I would prepare all the desserts and salads the day before while we a classic movie like "Home Alone" was playing in the background.

      Why do you think the meaning of Chuseok has been lost? How can we regain the meaningful holiday? Would Chuseok be celebrated 50 years later in Korea? It would be interesting to see but yes, it's important to preserve tradition.

      Delete
    2. 김기림(james 201132103)

      Until now, me and my relatives have visited our ancestor's graves and done ancestor worship ceremony. But these days, i think that most people don't do that way, too. Frankly, i don't want to do that way. This is the only time we get to see all our relatives. It is very special. I think we must preserve the our culture. 50 years later, i don't know what we 'll become of us

      Delete
  10. 임지희(blowen) SP D2 201334581

    What do you think about too much homework for students?

    What do you think about too much homework for students?

    What do you think about too much homework for students? This topic already had been issued several years ago. Why I mentioned this question, my cousin asked for help with his homework last week, I helped him, but it tooks several hours to finish it. He said, he always did homework and got very tired. In my opinion, homework is a necessary part of school and helpful for reviewing, however, too much homework can be a problem. It would affect students mentally and physically. There are several reasons why I think giving too much is not allowed.

    Firstly, students have no time to communicate with family or friends. The amount of homework that teachers give to students everyday is not helpful. Having 3 or 4 hours of homework does not allow students have time with friends or family. Students will be reducing time for communication with family due to too much homework. I think the communication is important part of our living with others. If there is no interaction with others, it would affect student’s personality. Students will become timid and even sometimes be hard to get over in case of hardship.

    Secondly, giving too much homework give them a lot of stress.
    After classes, most of the students feel very tired and want to take rest.
    In Korea, private tutors are very developed, so most of the student go to private academies for studying extra lessons. For this reason, Korean students spend almost time to go to academy and do homework. so they get a lot of stress and even can’t sleep more than 4~5 hours everyday.

    Third, giving too much homework cuts down on their free time. That means they don’t have time to spend spare time, and enjoy their hobbies.
    Students need free time to experience something that students are interested in. Because they only have one life to live and one time as teenagers.
    Adolescent period is very important age, they need to experience the good and bad.

    As a result, I think homework is important part of studying, but too much is not acceptable and affects students badly. Sometimes, too much homework can hurt students and also not allow to them keep good relationships with friends or family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (박시언 Helia 201233386) I agree with your opinion. They have so many homeworks and those things are not really helpful. And I heard new curriculum comes out and it's not good for students. Because even they have to study that is unnecessary. I think we should change curriculum. They can't study everything. They have to study what they want. That is the best way to develop their talent.

      Delete
    2. (이지예 Lee, Ji-Ye 201334755)
      I think that your writing is meaningful and I agree with your writings. These days, many students don't look happy because they have no time to play outside. I think that experience and friendship are more importance than homework. Also too much homework harms students physically and mentally. So I think that school and academy must reduce the homework and they should give students free time.

      Delete
    3. Homework not only from schools but also from private academies, right? Rather than saying there's too much homework, do you think the education system is broken in Korea? Why is there a demand for private education which cripples the public school system in Korea? How can this be fixed? Any ideas?

      Delete
    4. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
      I agree with your writing. Your second and third reason are impressed especially. My major professors give us team work and team presentation each class. it's very stressful. it last three years and i'll have to do team presentation next year. Also, it takes my free time. i know doing homework is good for me but i want to meet my friends and watch TV sometimes.

      Delete
    5. (김성현 201331477)
      I think so. Because excessive homeworks give us a lot of stress, as you said, it reduce efficiency. When we have a ton of homework, we usually do it mechanically. I think it is not for education, but for submission. Homework which can check things i learned is enough to increase understanding. I think whatever it is, more does not always mean better.

      Delete
    6. (박동근, David, 201132253 SP D2)
      I think your opinion is right. When I was young, I also took many times to do my homework. I memorized up to 50 vocabulary and solved up to 15 mathematics questions. At that time it is permitted to punish students, so I did all my homework. However, I think it was not helpful to enhance my ability or grade, but to do self-direct learning than homework.

      Delete
    7. (문경주, Harley, 201132710 SP D2)
      Your think is all right but I think the biggest problem is student's future. They don't know why they are studying, and how to study, just passively do many homeworks. they forgot everything learned so they don't advance mostly. I think student should learn why they do that and how to think any problem for oneself.

      Delete
    8. 김기림(james 201132103)

      I agree with your opinion in a degree. Some major homework doeson't help very much. When ordinary students write a report, most of the students copy a report on the internet. This report isn't very memorable. In my experience, few people do their homework properly. Frankly, i try to do better, But i think that private study is more helpful. I think too much homework is not good and When we do homework, will is the most important thing.

      Delete
    9. 김진규 John 201134097

      Your writing is too long to read, so I didn't read it all of it. Just kidding. It make me think of my situation. These days I have a mass of homework. It really makes me feel sick and tired. Does it help me to develop myself? I think it's doesn't. But It has a one advantage. It gives me something satistfied for acomplishment.

      Delete
  11. 이지예(Lee Ji-Ye, Kate) SP D2 201334755
    When I was elementary school student, I was going to be a thoracic surgeon. I saw ‘A surgeon Bong dal-hee’ and ‘New Heart’ drama. These drama stories are about thoracic surgery. I thought thoracic surgeon is very wonderful job because this job saves the heart that center of our bodies. But people don’t want to be a thoracic surgeon. That is very hard mentally and physically. But I was young, I thought that I overcame hardness. Because saving people is really worthy. I dreamt of thoracic surgeon until a middle school student. But I realized that I couldn’t accomplish my dream with only a passion. I wasn’t interested in math and science. So I changed my mind. I dreamt of new job that is immigration officer.
    When I was high school student, I traveled Vietnam. At this time, I saw immigration officer for the first time. And I was so interested in this job, because this job meets many other nation people. Also Immigration officer do immigration customs, length of stay of foreigners and regulation on illegal foreigners.
    So I determined on this job. And I will try to achieve my dream. I hope that you find a job that you want. If you already find a job that you want, you should try to accomplish that job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001

      I hope your dreams come true. Immigration officer seem nice job! And I saw the new heart that drama handled about chest surgery. At that time, doctor drama get in to public favor. I’m impressed by the drama. surgeon seems so hard job. L respect them. And l like Jisung(Korean actor). He is a good acting in drama.

      Delete
    2. (유하영 201334436 SP S2)
      it is great that you have a dream that you want to be! I watched those dramas too and I also wanted to become a surgeon like them as well but just like you I realized how hard it is to be a surgeon so I changed my dream as well. Now I want to be a social worker and I am putting all of my effort to become one. I wish you a good luck and I hope we both achieve our dreams in the future.

      Delete
  12. Sort of my favorite book : a comic ( Kim Yu Ri 201334411)

    I would recommend a comic book rather than regular reading books. I personally think the comic book that I watched helped me huge change.
    First, comic books have different attraction from movies or dramas. Movie or drama makes me to put all my eyes and ears to it and only what it wants me to get. But comic books make me the main character who feels and thinks for enough time. And I can always think the spot I don't get what it tells at the moment.
    Second, it is easier for me to read and I do not convey myself the comic book as an invaluable resource. Surely, some comic books entertain and contain a violence for readers but there are also comic books which include a history and mythology.
    Most adults said that a comic book is bad. It estimates a reluctant support for their kids to have a comic book. However, a comic book can be the easiest way for the kids who reluctant to read a book. It is helpful.
    Finally, a comic book can transfer the information easier than other books and it may encourage the creativity. It is reliable.
    Due to merits, comic books are popular. It is a true best-seller. Advanced comic industry has opportunity give us to ready better comic books. I'll ready comic books with interest for rest of my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 윤석환_SP D2_201031360

      I like a comic book too. It makes me laugh, sad and moved. Moreover, there are so many kind of storys, lessons and foods of thought. Some people said, comic books are junk foods. It wastes time, and makes u stupid. But I don't think so.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. 이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001

      I like comic book too. They have colorful pictures and easy stories. Also I agree with you about the second paragragh. Many people think comic book is so bad and they say their child “do not read!”
      It is not correct. Reading a comic book is good to learn imagination. So parent let their child to read comic book.

      Delete
    4. 임지희(blowen) 201334581

      I also like read a comic book too! In my opinion, reading a comic book can give a better much understand by explaining the details so it can help you to create imagine in your mind. and it is also colorful. but you already know, most parent don't like to read a comic book, i don't know why.

      Delete
    5. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) 201132738
      I also like to read a comic book. I loved reading comic books since childhood.Unlike other general books, comic books has read with interest all.Content itself is simple, easy to understand, if the comic will be much beneficial than a good comic book Moreover,Those who are reluctant to reading, I recommend reading comic books

      Delete
    6. 김진규 John 201134097

      Comic book is funny and exciting. I usaully enjoy reading a book that is called onepiece. But It could take something more than prose book. Comic book's picture is able to take people's imagination. I think fun of reading a book is imangining something that is written in books.

      Delete
    7. 박진솔 (Park JinSol) 201331502

      Nowdays, comics on websites, also known as webtoons have become very popular. Webtoons are comics posted online. I enjoy looking Webtoons and people also like to watch Webtoon. Webtoon can watching with smartphone so people can watching Webtoon anywhere. It is so handy than comic book and it is help to pass the time.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
    Hi~ I want to talk about Chuseok. You know it’s a seasonal holiday that takes place in Autumn to celebrate the harvest, gets together with relatives and bows to our ancestors.
    But I think today’s Chuseok has changed a lot in my house. For example, ① we used to wear hanbok that is traditional costume in the past. But, nowadays, hanbok was worn only when we was young. ② we gathered with our relatives, talked with them and played games. But, it was big different. We are in the same place but we talk just for a minute and use only our cellphone. In my case, I used to play with my cousins when I was young but I didn’t talk with them at all. And we sit far from each other just use cellphone and eat food. ③ we used to prepare food together in the house of eldest brother but a few relatives came on the day before Chuseok. Moreover, the type of food is reduced.
    I think the reason why the spending Chuseok is changed. It’s because we have a little chance to meet relatives in my generation. Sometimes, I’m sad because the mean of Chuseok is changed. Also, I’m so stressful to greet the relatives on the holiday each year. Is it only my case?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. (최세준 Sejun, Choi 201134535) I’m glad to read opinion like mine. As you know if you read my writing above, my family’s Chuseok have a lot of changed like you. Enjoyable Chuseok is now just memories of the past. I think not only my house but also many other families are same with me. As our society has been busy, many Chuseok's form or process become simply and families only want taking a rest on long holiday. I think Chuseok have become painfully boring day because of this trend. I also feel sorry about that.

      Delete
    3. 이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001

      No, it is not only your case. Culture is changed in tune with the times. Nowadays, extended families have been changed by nuclear families. Families have been changed by nuclear families. And Korea has gone through rapid modernization, and Korean society has increasingly become personalized. And I remember I wearing the hanbok when I was young. But now I don’t wear the hanbok and a lot of things have been simplified.

      Delete
    4. 이원화 (201132044)

      I agree with you completely. I also think it is only my case but many families than expected feel like that. To me, Chuseok is just a holiday and day off since I was a high school student. I'm not excited about getting together with relatives. It is a boring thing. Sometimes I miss that time I spent time with my relatives pleasantly. But I don't know how I can do it.

      Delete
    5. 최희정(201334455)

      I feel the same way. Just a few years ago, I and my relatives played Yoot. But now, we just use smart phone. And I heard now many families don’t made traditional food in Chuseok. They just made delicious food at their house and bring it to share eat. It would be more comfortable, but I think we are losing our warm tradition.

      Delete
    6. 김유리(Kim Yu Ri 201334411)

      I agree with your opinion. My parent's family lives in Seoul. So I meet often with relatives. Only visiting the day, remaining holiday is with my family or friends. Also, my cousins are difficult to get close. Because the age is difference. So I am talking with adults. But, they're getting at me. So, I suffer from stress. I wish could have some fun with relatives up to the meaning of Chuseok.

      Delete
    7. (문경주, Harley 201132710 SP D2)
      I agree with you. Nowadays, nuclear families are much more common. People are always busy to work and tired so they don't meet with familys and relatives. In my case, we met five person in Chuseok parents, brother, uncle and me. so we don't have to make cook. just buy a small food. In the old times, grandmother's house is always noise in Chuseok, not now. I'm very empty and miss that time.

      Delete
    8. In my case, my family and relatives try not to use smartphone when we get together. We haven’t seen each other for several months or even years. We have lots of things to talk about all the time. As you mentioned, the form of Chuseok has been changed but I think it’s still meaningful. Because I focus on saying hi and getting together.

      Delete
    9. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
      I think so too. These days, We spend a lot of time at use a smart phone. This is bad result of technological advance. For this reason, Social were deterioration in health and fall into egoism, etc. a problem comes up. It solution is talk face to face and play a folk game

      Delete
    10. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423

      - 최세준 : thanks for your opinion. i'm pleased with a person who agrees with my opinion.
      - 이지현 : i also used to wear hanbok when i was young. sometimes i want to wear it all together with my relatives. as you say, society is changed rapidly. thanks for your opinion.
      - 이원화 : i'm so happy to meet a person who agrees with my thought completely. i also don't know how i can do when i meet mt relatives. i think we have to talk about solving this situation.
      - 최희정 : i agree with you. we are losing our warm tradition. it's so sad. when i was young, i waited delicious food. but i can't nowadays.
      -김유리 : if we are not close to our relatives, it'll be stressful. i also want to be more closer to our relatives. thank you for your opinion.
      - 문경주(Harley) : as you say, it's important factor that family structure is changed to nuclear. i also miss that time.
      - 백혜민 : thanks for your opinion. i'm surprised with your saying 'try not to use smartphone'. it's very difficult to me because i'm at a loss for a word with my relatives. but next Chuseok, i'll try not to use my phone and say hi, first.
      - 유희균 : thanks you for your advice. next Chuseok, i'll try talk face to face with my relatives and play a game. thank you.

      Delete
  15. 유하영(yu ha yeong) SP D2 201334436
    When I was young, my dream was to become a painter. I always loved to draw people and had a desire to learn how to draw. People around me often recommended that I study art, but when went on to high school, I really had to make realistic life decisions. It was too expensive to study art, and I knew it was going to be difficult to make a living as an artist. So I gave up on studying art. I had tough time after making that decision, but with help from my friends and teacher I could decide on an alternative career path for my future. Right now I am studying Social Welfare. At first, I really was not sure if I made a right decision, but now that I have studied more about Social welfare and as I voluntarily serviced others time to time, I am satisfied and happy that I have chosen this this career. And drawing, which I wanted to do when I was young, became a very enjoyable hobby for me. I am happiest and feel most comfortable and at peace when I am drawing while listening to some music. I also volunteer to draw at church, and I am truly grateful when people complement and acknowledge my drawing. Deep down in my heart, I still have that desire to study art and drawing which I would love to do when I get a job and have more time. These days, I have become really interested in writing. I really enjoy writing and sharing my thought by writing after reading different books. I really like myself for being able to challenge myself by trying new things. Now I am waiting for good opportunities to present itself while doing what I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 이지현(Lee ji hyun) 201332001

      I sympathize with your writing. My dream was to become painter in middle school. So I went to art academy. But I’m not pressure to painting at academy because there is just a preparatory school. So I gave up the art academy. Now painting is my hobby. I do not regret my decision to quit academy.

      Delete
    2. 이원화 (201132044)

      I think you are a creative person and have an artistic ability. I don't have an artistic ability. To me, your hobby, drawing, is an object of envy. I envy you. :) In my opinion, though you couldn't study drawing, you can use your artistic ability when you write your thoughts. And I hope someday you will be a happy person doing what you like to do.

      Delete
    3. 최희정(201334455)

      I know you can draw very well. I also gave up my dream because of some practical problems. When I enter university, I regretted my choice. But now I am trying to relate my dream with major and I'm quite pleased about it! I hope you can also keep your desire.

      Delete
    4. 김유리(Kim Yu Ri 201334411)

      I saw a figure to paint a picture when you are bored. At that time, I thought you sincerely that a nice picture was good at drawing. I didn't know that. This essay you are who has done lot of thought have known that happened. I can not draw picture well and might envy. Your dream is not being a shame. However, good thing that they can make you feel happiness to you. You're becoming a social worker has the ability to the biggest. Support your dream. Do your best.

      Delete
    5. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) 201132738
      I agree with your writting.I was interested in music since the days younger.But the music was forced to abandon au devised this money, the future is uncertain.So now I'm majoring in machinery.I've practically given up the dream.but my hobbies are music.Once I've just wish to achieve your dreams

      Delete
  16. 윤석환_SP D2_201031360

    Two Hobbies What I Love.

    What I want to write here is my only two hobbies that I love. First, in Summer, I go to ride a Wake Board. Wake Board is a kind of water sports that similars to Ski.The rider is usually towed behind a boat. And the boat sails typically at speeds of 30~40 km/h. In hot weather, Wake Board is a fascinating sport. Second, in Winter, I go to ride a Ski. Originally Ski is intended as an aid to travel over snow. But now, they are mainly used recreationally in the sport of skiing. When I ski down a slope, typically at speeds of 60~70 km/h. I love that speed. This is a reason of my hobbys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 박시언 (Helia) 201233386
      Oh, you really like ski. And I heard Wake Board is difficult to stand up. So I didn't tried. But if I have a chance, I want to enjoy it. Usually where did you go to ride Wake Board?

      Delete
    2. 임지희 (blowen) 201334581
      I think you are a active person! i have a water phobia so only the depth limit for swimming myself is knee-high, which means about are food deep. So i never tried to some kind of water sport. However, your writing makes me feel interesting! If i overcome a water-phobia, i want to enjoy it. Thank you!

      Delete
    3. 최세준 (SP D2 201134535)
      I also like to ski but I have never ridden a wakeboard. As for me, in summer, the outside activities tend to be abstained because of so hot. But as you said, wakeboard is very speedy sports that can feel cool in hot summer so I really want to go the place which can ride a wakeboard. If you are possible, please recommend the good place.

      Delete
    4. 문경주(Harley)201132710 SP D2
      I love ski too. I think you are person that enjoys thrill and speed. ski makes me exciting. but, I have never ridden a Wake Board. Next summer i really want to challenge a Wake board. If you want speed and thrill, I choose you a bunjee jump. You will experience new world.

      Delete
    5. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) 201132738
      I also like to wake board.This summer also been riding a wakeboard.It is still difficult to deceive even tried several times.Skiing is also one of the things I like.Both are good, but not great ride.But every year is to go back just to catch a winter skiing.This winter, I'll increase a little more proficient skiers

      Delete
    6. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
      Wow~ You have a very active hobby. If i have a chance, I really ride a Wake Board.In winter, I usually ride a snowboard. If It is a similar way, I'l easliy to learn a Wake Board. After, we make friends. You should teach me how to ried a Wake Board properly.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 최희정 SP D2 201334455

    Do you like Korean culture of marriage? A few weeks ago, I attended acquaintance’s wedding. I was so excited about attending wedding, because it was my second experience since when I was 11 years old. In my imagination, wedding is a party for newlyweds. But contrary to my expectations, the wedding was so formal and short. As the guests arrived at the wedding hall, they greeted the newlyweds for a very short while, and gave a gift of money. After the ceremony we took a picture and had a meal. The wedding was all over in just an hour and a half. Even the bride and groom had to move fast during the wedding, and the hall was so crowded with guests. Because there were four couple’s wedding one the floor. After the wedding I described my feeling to another guest. She said most people have a wedding like that and the cost of the wedding is very expensive.
    If that was a culture of marriage in Korea, I hope the culture change more enjoyable than now. Wedding is a very happy day for the newlywed as well as their family and friends. So we need to enjoy the ceremony. I think it is not bad to have a small wedding or have reception after the wedding just with friends and a few close relatives. The conservative culture of Korea may not understand it, but I think our generation could change the culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 박시언 (Helia) 201233386
      I agree with your writting because I heard wedding cost is really expensive. I think in Korea, wedding is perfunctory. Just show to other people. So if I married, I want small wedding. Just with my family and some friends like you written. I also think Korean culture have to be change, like just small celebrate for wedding.

      Delete
    2. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
      I was impressed by your writing. Whenever i attended wedding, it was so boring. I think wedding is formal but needs enjoyment. For this reason, i'm impressed by American's reception and if i marry with someone, i'll prepare my wedding like America. And i think preparing cost for wedding needs to be changed. Korean's wedding cost is expensive because of our vanity. So i want to change our wedding form more practicably.

      Delete
    3. 최희정(201334455)

      박시언- Thank you for your comment!:) I agree with you wedding is perfunctory. I think if our culture change to more enjoyable and cheaper cost, it could be a happiest day!

      정혜린- Thank you for your comment!:) I also impressed by other country's reception and I'd like to have reception when my wedding. I wish to the culture change more enjoyable!

      Delete
    4. 문경주, Harley 201132710 SP D2
      I agree with you. Korean wedding is really strange. People marry just to see other people, like military and they look not happy, just tired. Fortunately, thesedays there are many small wedding. I want small wedding too.. In future, if I marry, I want to travel with my family and wife's family instead of wedding.

      Delete
    5. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) 201132738

      I agree with your writing. I also feel a lot of confusion surrounding the wedding When i went to wedding.Unlike the friendly acquaintances, go to the wedding is all a bit close friends come around to see the face once.
      Gift Money'd rather pay only thought that might be better if we do not go to the wedding.Korean wedding culture'd Once I've changed as soon as possible

      Delete
  19. 이지현(Lee ji hyun ) 201332001

    I’m interested in Japanese etiquette. So I want to compare with Korea etiquette. I’m very surprised Japanese a certain action. I watching the japan earth quake news. Japanese very calm attitude and line up well after a big earth quake. So other countries praised Japanese etiquette. I think Korea needs to copy Japan’s etiquette.
    In addition, I think Japanese have good manner because they learn good manner from their parents. So, Japanese parents always say “you don’t speak loudly in a bus or subway! “ or ”do not get in trouble for someone in a school!” in their kids childhood. So, Japanese take care not to trouble others. And it shows that the best place to teach public moral is at home.
    Originally, home was a good teaching place in the 20th century. But traditional extended families have been replaced by nuclear families. And a lot of families in Korea are dual income families.
    In particular in this pattern of family, no one is at home during the early evenings to take care of their child. Additionally, parents are too busy to teach their children anything at home. Maybe the Japanese faced a similar problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 윤석환_SP D2_201031360

      So interesting! I think that the diffrence of etiquette with Japan and Korea comes from geologically diffrence. Japan is an island country. That means the people who are in Japan need a complementary cooperation. Samurai spirit is an example. However, Korea is a peninsular country. Korean people don't need a complementary cooperation. If they want to leave Korea, they can because Korea is not an island country. Strictly speaking, that's not a my thought. I have read the opinion form newspaper. lol.

      Delete
    2. 신명철(Brian 201131356)
      I was in a Japanese international high school for 3years. So most of my close friends are Japanese. They don't do something that other people don't like, and I like it. However, I don't know why should we copy them. Of course we should not be rude, but I think it's already enough and too much etiquette could makes us tired. It has too much rules in their culture, so sometimes, I feel uncomfortable, especially when I go to eat roast meat with them.

      Delete
    3. 김유리(Kim Yu Ri 201334411)

      I agree with your comments. I have a Japanese friend. She is ilving in Osaka. When I visited in Osaka this summer. She is also a lot older than me. and she has a job. I have given a lot of gifts for me. We went to expensive restaurants and serving food. As well as, restaurant owners had received too kindly. The day came to rain, I cumbersome to use an umbrella and shared my friend umbrella.The boss thought I'd without an umbrella. Then he lent to me the umbrella. I was impressed with their thoughtful consideration. So, this summer vacation is fun and useful time for me.

      Delete
    4. 윤석환 – I agree with you. Island country’s culture is characteristic and interesting. In addition, UK is another example. UK is a very small island country, but it has a strong influence in the various spheres around the world. I think two country have many similarities.

      신명철 – Thank you for your opinion, That's a big cultural difference. We have to understand and respect such cultural differences.

      김유리 - Thank you for your opinion, I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time during japan travel. She seems very nice.

      Delete
  20. About interracial marriage - 김진규(John)_SP_D2_201134097

    These days world is getting closer and closer. So, it is easy to meet other countries people in that interracial marriage is not strange. And I think it is going to be common place. But if you want to get married to another race. There is something important you have to considerate.

    First, you must think about the fact that you and your spouse have been growing in different culture. It means, both of you have a lot of different things including your way of living, thinking. So you have to try to understand each other. Second you get your family accept your situation. Family's position is also important. When they can't accept you, it must be hard on being married. Last, you have to think of your son or daughter. When you have children they should be mixed blood. It may cause some prejudice. So you must really take care of them.

    These reasons get you care a lot about interracial marriage. But I really want you to know, love can make everything. If you love someone so much like Romeo & Juliet, those reasons are not important. Also they would not interrupt your love. Have the courage and let your heart go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think interracial marriage is interesting topic. I have often imagined that married with Spanish guy. Actually Spanish guys are cool and have a good manner. But my father is conservative so he is opposed to interracial marriage. He said “If you bring foreigner boyfriend, I will kill you!”.

      Delete
    2. 임지희(blowen) 201334581

      Your writing is very interesting! and i also have a postive thinking about interracial marrige. When i was in high school, i had a chance to met chinese boyfriend! you know, chinese takes good care of other people and homely person. Also i can learning a new language.
      So if i have a chance to marry with foreigner, i will do!

      Delete
    3. 신명철(Brian 201131356)
      It has many chances to meet foreigners, and we can go abroad whenever we want. So many people marry with foreigner nowadays, but most of our parents are not open minded yet. Maybe my parents will not agree if i tell them I want to marry with a foreigner. Some people say we can't be happy with parent's disagreement!. But now, I think I can marry with someone evenif parents don't agree. Um... I don't know if I will be changed or not. hah//

      Delete
    4. 김기림( james 201132103)

      In the global era, it is very important for people to have a great relationship with Foreigner. I think interracial marriage is good. But in korea most people of other races(especially interracial children) face many difficulties. There are many institutions in korea for people of other races. But some people's awareness(especially, older generation) is not good. However, in the future, awareness will be change positively through a younger generation. And we 'll get over our prejudice about interracial children.

      Delete
  21. 임지희(blowen) 201334581

    your writing is very ineresting! and i also have a postive thinking about interracial marriage. When i was in high school, i had a chance to met chinese boyfriend.
    you know, chinese takes good care of other people and homely person. and also there are chance to learn a new language. so if i want to marry with foreigner if i can!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you have a chance to change your major without any qualification, which major do you want to choose? If I have the chance, I will choose department of mass communication. Now my major is law. When I was a high school student, I wanted to be a producer. But in my last year of high school, my homeroom teacher told me, " You can be a producer even if you don't major in mass communication. So what about applying to department according to your grade? " So I applied to department of law, and then I passed. During my college life, I forgot my dream, a producer. I spent time catching up with my studies. I hope there is no misunderstanding. I'm somewhat satisfied with my major. But a few days ago, I saw my student record and it reminded me of my past dream. And I thought what if I applied to department of mass communication? I wonder if I really do my best to be a producer. If so, will my dream come true? And I am curious if my major is mass communication, what kind of subject do I learn?

    How about you? Do you regret applying to your department? If you do or not, do you have a course that you want to study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 정혜린, SP D2, 201234423
      I didn't regret choosing my department. But, If i have a chance to change my major, i'll want to change social welfare to nursing because nurse is a job to save people directly in the hospital and get a job easily than other major. But i want to be a social worker now so i don't regret applying to my major.

      Delete
  23. I would like to talk about party time job. Whilst being in univ, most people would have gotten a part time job. I also have done many part time jobs. A few people say "why are you doing pay time jobs during your most important years? Just focus on your univ work and get a job at better company". Of course that's not completely wrong advice but, not the complete right one either. I think doing part time job is very important experience. The reason being that you can get a taste of the real social life through the various part time jobs. Getting along with your partners at part time job alone can be a good training. By working together, you learn to cooperate, how to treat customers and to not give up at hard times. These important aspects usually don't get taught in uni. Another thing is that although not that much, but you learn to manage your own money. It's harder to spend money if you know how hard you need to work for it. As you manage your own money, you get an idea about the economy and the world around you.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 최희정(201334455)

      I also have a part time job since I passed the university exam. My father always says having a part time job is wasting time for student. But I think it can be a valuable experience before my social life. I learned how to socialized with co-workers, communicate with various people, learn social morality and I can think about myself. If we spend too much time having part time job, it can distract us from studying. But I think reasonable time for it can be a great experience to us.

      Delete
    2. 김유리(Kim Yu Ri 201334411)

      I came to college and salon did part time job. I'm at the salon vip customers. The boss moved to another location because the hair salon employee is in short supply. While there, I did store promoting and providing services to customers. Also, wash and dry customer hair and assist to the hairdressers. It was hard, people dealing with services and stand all day long. But earning money for a month, and we get to talk with people, so I was nice to be able to act proactively.
      But, I learn beauty techniques. and change negative perception of a hairdresser. Also, I worked for two months and make a lot of money.

      Delete
    3. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) 201132738

      I also have a lot of part-time work .I was always lack of money, even if enough allowance. so I want to buy stuff and to work that I was a part-time job with the college life. It was hard,tired but when I have finished work, I look at the money I can not give up this part time job.
      Nowdays,I`m looking for a new part time job

      Delete
    4. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
      I usually had a part-time job. I think have a part time job is very advantages. Because, Part time job is go through an experience befor the social in advance. I learned a lot when I have a many kind of a part time job. Among them the most learend were sense of responsibility. It was an experience that I would never forget.

      Delete
  24. Should everyone have a credit card?
    Do you think you need to have a credit card? People around me have a credit card or more. Using credit card has many benefits. For example, some brands or shops give us discount when we use specific credit cards and you can pay monthly as well. If you buy something expensive such as a car, you may have hard time to pay it at once. Credit card is helpful in this case.
    However, i think not everyone needs to have it. People buy things by credit card and pay later. This causes a problem for people who don't have the ability to pay the money back. In my case, i am a student. Of course i don't have a job and salary. If i had credit card, i could buy anything but i could not pay it back. I would be bankrupted. I guess debit card is enough for students. Indeed, many people are trying to pay back their debts but their salaries are not high enough. Some of them borrow money from a third bank that threatens people if they don't pay money back. It is dangerous. I think using a credit card is okay only when people can economize. Overall, in my opinion, not everyone needs to have one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
      I think so. When you use your credit card you've got to be careful.
      Because, Credit card is buying on credit.So, It encourage excessive consumption and impulse buying.
      But, Credit card there is no need to carry a lot of cash, check when shopping or traveling bring the convenience of life.

      Delete
  25. 이인찬(Lee In Chan) SP D2 201132738
    Nowadays, I’m interested in travel. I’ve loved to go to travel and have traveled many popular sites in Korea since I was young. I think I like to travel thanks to these experiences. I really like it.
    I usually make a record which consists of the writing I wrote about my traveling and the pictures I took during traveling. When I see these after the lapse of time, I am so satisfied with these records of travel.
    On traveling, I meet new people, have good time with them and make these as my memory. These make me fresh and happy. Actually, I have a plan to go travel to Japan after this summer session because I already have been to so many places in Korea. However, I don’t have enough money for that and I am a student now. It is my burden to be provided from my parents so I decide to go Japan which is near to Korea, which take less expense than other farther countries.
    There are hardly people who have not been to abroad yet I haven’t. I’ll visit many countries to travel until the time I become old so I should earn a lot of money to expense these plans. When I visit Japan, I want to enjoy Japan thoroughly. I am not ready to leave for I don’t have both plan and money for visiting Japan. However I can leave whenever expense is ready.
    Because I already tasted relish of traveling, fatigue and money for traveling don’t matter. Although I’m speaking, I feel so good for thinking that I’ll go traveling. I think I have to make a plan for it and study about culture of Japan to enjoy more happily the time when I am in Japan, as I plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 문경주 Moon Kyung Joo 201132710 SP D2
      In 2015 summer, I decided to have a trip to Japan as my friend suggested. Although I was in the middle of semestre, I thought it would be a good chance. When I was young although I went to Japan, I don't remember anything. Therefore, I decided to have the trip. After finishing the preparation with the friend, I went to the Japan with a little fear and a little excitement. Once we arrived in Japan, we went to my military mate's house. He was studying in Japan University. The house was in outside of Tokyo, but I don't know exact location. The house was a little old but very cozy. The first day, We drink many Sake with Sushi
      On the second day, we had a tour in Japan although we didn't know anything about the city. It was fun to get to know places one by one, such as Shinjuku, Shiboya Tokyo tower, etc. But, money was a problem. We spent too much without a careful planning. As a result, we decided to have a tour with my military mates. so we had to stay at home when mate didn't have time to go out with us.
      On the last day, we took a look my mate's University. I felt Japan University was same as Korea's. We came back to Korea with a happy mood. If I have a chance, I want to visit there one more time for sure.

      Delete
    2. 박진솔 (Park Jin Sol) 201331502

      I hope to go Japan too. And I have plan to go Japan this winter vacation. Recently, Korea-Japan flight is cheaper than before because of a weak Yen. So Today, more people go to Japan than ever before. I used to love Japanese food and the unique ambience of Japan. I really hope go to Japan..

      Delete
  26. 문경주 Moon Kyung Joo 201132710 SP D2
    In 2015 summer, I decided to have a trip to Japan as my friend suggested. Although I was in the middle of semestre, I thought it would be a good chance. When I was young although I went to Japan, I don't remember anything. Therefore, I decided to have the trip. After finishing the preparation with the friend, I went to the Japan with a little fear and a little excitement. Once we arrived in Japan, we went to my military mate's house. He was studying in Japan University. The house was in outside of Tokyo, but I don't know exact location. The house was a little old but very cozy. The first day, We drink many Sake with Sushi
    On the second day, we had a tour in Japan although we didn't know anything about the city. It was fun to get to know places one by one, such as Shinjuku, Shiboya Tokyo tower, etc. But, money was a problem. We spent too much without a careful planning. As a result, we decided to have a tour with my military mates. so we had to stay at home when mate didn't have time to go out with us.
    On the last day, we took a look my mate's University. I felt Japan University was same as Korea's. We came back to Korea with a happy mood. If I have a chance, I want to visit there one more time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
      If i have a chance, I will going to Japan. Because, I want going to overseas contries. Most of all, I really like to visit Japan. Japan is located in Korea across the south sea. Perhaps, Japan is very close country at the Korea. I think that reason is most important.
      So, Kyung joo ! Would you recommed attractoin place in Japan?

      Delete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 유희균 (201132728 Yoo Hee kyun)
    My topic is self-introduction and normal routine.
    Hi. My name is Heekyun Yoo. My hobbies are swimming, taking long walks at the beach, and all terrain biking. When it comes to my hobbies, I like all kinds of sports, especially swimming. Every summer, I go to a swimming pool with my family or friends and spend a day enjoying swimming. It is the most exciting time of the year.
    My daily routine is very similar to thousands of other. I usually get up at around 7 o'clock. My day usually begins with drinking a hot cup of coffee. Next, I take a shower and get ready for school. Then, I go to school, where I spend most of the day taking classes and hanging out with my friends and head home at around 7 p.m. After school, I normally get back home at around 8 p.m. That's my typical day at school. On weekend, I do thing that I can't do during my busy days.

    ReplyDelete